PDA

View Full Version : strawberry kokes

hookjaw2009
08-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Was up there last week and did pretty well, orange seemed to do the best for the better part of the day. Headed back up this weekend, was curious if anyone has been up lately. Soldier creek is were I fished before but I was wondering if the fish seem to move as the spawn gets closer or if the fish seem to hang in the same area until later on.

TheScout
08-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Earlier this summer I was doing pretty well on the salmon on the strawberry bay side. Orange was also working great for me. However, the last two weeks I have struck out three times on the salmon. I have still been fishing the bay side but maybe I need to switch sides. Anyway, I will be up there againg probably tonight and tomorrow so we will see how it goes. If anyone wants to share any info...that would be awesome!

hookjaw2009
08-15-2013, 10:20 PM
thanks man let me know how you do, like I posted earlier I was on the soldier side and did alright good luck.

TheScout
08-16-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm at the soldier creek side right now and have boated 2 so far...tiny guys though. Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how it continues to go.

TheScout
08-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Ended up with 6 kokes but the biggest was only about 13"...for the life of me and can't find the bigger salmon anymore!!!

berrykoka
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm new to the forum, very happy with all the great info here!
Thought I'd share what works for us.

We catch them pretty well in July on the bay side... East of the Strawberry bay marina heading towards the narrows. We can't seem to catch them when the calendar turns to August though. In July, a mack's lure kokanee killer in green and red behind a sling blade seems to be the ticket. We also run pop gear off the downrigger ball (not attached to our lines).

I haven't fished the soldier creek side much, where are the good spots in august?
Thanks for any info you guys might have.