PDA

View Full Version : West Hill Pond

SeaDog
07-07-2013, 04:36 AM
Hi guys,
Well I got a very late start this year.
Weather for May and June was terrible !
Finally got out for my 1st trip on the 4th of July.
Night fishing as usual jigging and hooked into 6 Kokes but none landed.
Fish where large and bonkers wild.
Had one jump over my boat 2x before throwing the hook.
On the 5th couldn't hook into a Koke at all but caught 2 nice brown trout 16 and 14 inches and 1 rainbow 12 inches.
Got out tonight the 6th and fished from 8:00 PM to 2:30 AM was an absolutely beautiful dark night ...Fishing was slow till 11:30 PM but I finally caught and landed 2 fat Kokes each 14 inches and 3 browns ... 1 at 14 and 2 at 15 inches.
Again, weather has been terrible ... Hope July and August will be better.

SeaDog

trollmonkey
07-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Good to hear from you Seadog. I still haven't made my first trip. Hoping to get to Nanty in 2 or 3 weeks. Normally we have good fishing through Aug.(had our best day 8-14 several years ago) If rgarbar doesn't get them all I may be in business. TM

rgarbar
07-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Good to hear you are alive and well Seadog. Was beginning to think you were jigging for kokes at the "pearly gates". Trollmonkey it has rained so much up here and I have not been out. Would be afraid the current would pull my boat over the floodgates and down that spillway. A lot of water is flowing over the dam floodgates. Anyway I am saving some kokes for you and your grand daughter. Hoping in the future she catches her first koke with Grandpa.