PDA

View Full Version : Feast Your Eyes On These Boys!

rgarbar
06-21-2013, 03:21 PM
6423Got out again for my morning koke run. Caught these 3 beauties all male. They were in the 16' to almost 18" range. All fish healthy looking and nice and plump and really fought well. Marked fish where they are supposed to be. So glad the lake has stratified and separated the warm water fish from the cold water fish6422

trollmonkey
06-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Nice Ron, I'm anxious to get out there. It's always nice to see the kokes being caught every summer. With all the up and down cycles they see out west I'm afraid the Nanty kokes might hit hard times. Seeing those nice ones you're getting makes me feel like our kokes are doing well.

1bigfish
06-23-2013, 09:22 PM
You got your grove on!

Dr. Oc
06-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Way to go Ron. I'm glad to see you get on them. I was afraid that the drought and drawdowns had really put a dent in the population but looks like they're still around. I'll be up there in a month to see if I can pick up a few. Leaving for Canada tomorrow with my 11 yr. son for 5 days of walleye, smallmouth and pike fishing! Can't wait for him to experience a wilderness trip like this but I think he's looking forward to Nantahala almost as much. Best of luck to y'all