PDA

View Full Version : Gorge 6-13-08

TheFireman
06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Took the kid over to the lake today. Launched at Buckboard had lines set in about 15 min had fish on in 16 min.. Kid got that one to the boat and then we went through spell where the fish were hitting but not getting hooked and if they did get hooked we didn't get them to the boat. Then about eleven it was like a switch was turned on. When they hit they just about put the rod tip in the water and line started to peel. We didn't lose to many after that. It was great and the kid had a great time. We caught fish on RMT pink uv squid, Watermelon serpent spoons, caribbean spoons, pink uv apexes. All trailing RMT 50-50 green and pink or the hyperplaid-pink uv dodgers. Most fish caught between 18-35 feet. water temp about 50. Overall it was a great day.

Petty4life
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Great report wally, about time we get a gorge report on here

Kokehead
06-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I second that petty, wally way to go. man can't wait to get up there soon.

Kokaholic
06-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey Wally, Thanks for the report. I am looking forward to being over there next week. Petty and I will be hitting it hard Thursday and Friday next week. I will get my mack fishing done Wednesday, Petty on Mon and Tuesday. Then we can concentrate on the rockets!

Anybody else gonna be over there next week while we are there?

Propnut69
06-14-2008, 12:11 AM
thax Wally great info. are you seeing a little bigger fishing showing up ?

Digi-Troller
06-14-2008, 01:35 AM
Great report Wally! Jareds hit a home run with that uv pink hyper! I was at Cabelas yesterday and Sportsmans today... sold out! I guess the cats out of the bag on that one. We've been nailing them with hoochies and RGT's in pink. Anything big Wally?

TheFireman
06-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Nothing real big yet but we were pushing 4 on a couple of them. Overall though the fish are getting a little bigger. Your right on the color Brett, I tried some other colors and nothing, but that could be different today. Forgot to add yesterday that the speed seemed to be a little faster also for me 1.9-2.2, usually I'm not that fast but whatever works I guess.