PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa camping question

mrmesquite
05-21-2013, 07:13 PM
We're going to Berryessa next week and will camp a night or 2. I have never camped there and would appreciate any info on a good campground. We rough it in the back of my truck so a nice area with good restrooms and shade trees are a must. Any suggestions?? Thanks a lot, Ron

froggie
05-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Check out Pleasure Cove...you won't be disappointed.
Froggie

mrmesquite
05-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Pleasure Cove it is-THANKS Froggie!!

yakman
06-30-2013, 11:00 PM
I agree, Pleasure Cove. I was there a couple of months ago.

T K
04-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Check out Pleasure Cove...you won't be disappointed.
Froggie

Have to disagree. The wife, kids and I took a ride up to Berryessa over the weekend to check it out. We have not been up there to camp in years since they ran everyone out of there. I heard there had been some changes so we wanted to see where we could possibly take the trailer and the boat to stay and do some time on the lake this year. Pretty damn depressing overall was what we came away thinking. Putah creek resort, way up by the bridge looked about the best. Nothing to get excited about though. Did have some hookups and their own boat launch. Berryessa Marina resort, which used to be our favorite was closed and in a state of ruin. Very sad. Spanish flat looked nice enough, but was tent camping only. No RVs. Pleasure cove was pretty janky looking. Had a big open field with sites and some more sites up the hill past the launch. They backed up to a hill with falling apart retaining walls and just looked neglected and sad. If you were going up to mainly fish and just needed a spot to camp out, I guess it would be good enough, just don't go there thinking it will be some nice campground. It's not.
The kids were getting tired so we headed home. I would still like to go and check to see what's going on at Steele Park and Markely cove.