PDA

View Full Version : Hittin' Berryessa on Thurs. 25th.

T K
04-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I've been working long hours and not fishing. Thurs the 25th is my B-day (47) and I'm going fishing damn it!
Any tips or advise?
Where at and what depth?
And I am embarrassed to say as many times as I've been to Berryessa I don't know where Skiers Cove is. Can someone tell me?

SuperD
04-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Do you launch at Markley or Capell? Do you know where the mouth of the narrows enters the main lake? That south bank is skiers cove. This wind has played havoc with the fish. I think it has scattered them so what worked a couple weeks ago is now not so much. I have a hunch that Skiers might be a good bet this week. The fish were previously north but the north winds might have blown all the plankton south. As for depth, spread your offerings from 20 - 40'. Pink has been the color at Berry all season so far. For me, thinks without blades have been working better than things with blades. Can catch fish on everything but some stuff just working better than others.

T K
04-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks, that's where I thought Skiers cove was just wasn't sure.
I usualy launch out of capell.
Hoping the wind will die out this week. Last week was pretty windy. I read Gary Maralles (Shasta Tackle) Went out last week and it was so windy they stayed in Markely cove and fished. Caught some nice Kings.

SuperD
04-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm not a fan of the guys long lining right out of the ramp! I think they should prohibit fishing until one gets beyond the no wake buoy. I had an obstacle course the last time we launched there.

T K
04-26-2013, 11:16 AM
I over slept and didn't get in the water till about 8. On a tip I headed straight for Ranch House/ Big Island area. Dropped lines in front of Goat Island thinking I'd work my way around to the Big Island. Within 3 minutes had the craziest fighting fish I've ever caught. He was all over the place going under and around the boat and jumping out of the water repeatedly. Finally netted him. Biggest Bow I've ever caught. Almost 2ft and 3lbs. Bummer is it had those gross things all over it's body. I'm not eating that.
Saw a few more boats out along the Big Island so I got in the line up. Talked some guys who were catching and some who were not. Nobody was catching anything between about 10 and 2. Then at about 2, wham! I had 3 Kokes within 10 minutes. All on the same rod at 30ft.
There was no wind and a beautiful day. Wind picked up at 3 and I got out. Overall, great day. Happy birthday to me.