PDA

View Full Version : Multi deer/elk hunting

Scrminbanshee
04-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Got drawn yesterday! thumbsup So looks like i need to pick up a cheap bow to use and start practicing with. I got the muzzy time to get in shape with it. Time to head to the range for a day or so with the rifle. Im excited my wife cant wait for the freezer to get some more meat. i told her was contemplating not hunting this fall due to school schedule but my wife wouldn't have it. Have i said what a good one i got!

I guess since i have to buy multi tag and then you have to buy another big game tag i suppose ill do muzzy elk. Never hunted elk, this year so going to try and stay close so i can spend a bunch of time in the woods before and during the season. Plus if i hunt locally its a 3pt min or antlerless. I have read some books on them but need to do a bunch of research. Any advice?

I live in the puyallup area and am gonna try and keep to either any deer or any buck or anyway i can to get antlerless. so if you have any advice on where to look or anything please shoot me a pm. Im not looking for your honey hole but some advice. G

Im one of those hunters that could care less about trophies but more about meat. Oh and did i also say that she started complaint i haven't been fishing enough since our fish self is getting low. Man so much upkeep. I hope i havnt set my bar to high and i probably have, i would love to tag out on both but the odds of that happening are low but would be so great!

rebelsportsman
05-29-2013, 04:08 PM
we did not get drawn for anything in new mexico. it is a good thing that the season in texas is from oct. to jan. or i would be sad for not getting to hunt enough. how hard is it for non-residents to get drawn in your area.

Scrminbanshee
05-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Most of our areas are over the counter. Its all the extra stuff that gets tuff and the elk tags can get real hard to draw it seems. I am however no real expert.