PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 3-30-13

SuperD
03-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Kokefiend and I ignored the weather reports of rain and thunder storms to hit Berryessa this morning. And as usual, the weatherman was off by 100%. It was a glass flat gorgeous day on the water. The fishing today was strange but very good. Never really lit up like it was on fire but had consistent bites all day (or until 1:30 when we limited out) Pink and copper were the 2 main colors today. All fish were caught at between 15' - 20' deep. The bites seemed pretty subtle and we lost about as many fish as we boated. There were also 7 - 8 rainbows boated that were immediately released.

Kokefiend with the limit stick:

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/4418/carl33013.jpg

My turn to pose:

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/1917/dave33013.jpg

Old School
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Nice going SD. With the holiday I'd expect the lake to be pretty empty. Like a week day on a weekend. Great day to go. Maybe next weekend for me? I hope.

Bduck
04-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Sorry I missed out on the fun Dave. I was trying to make the visit in Sacramento a little longer. Lakes are finally opening up over here and time to beat the bush.

MMDON
04-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Nice report Dave. The fish look like they are on the small size for Berry this year.

SuperD
04-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Nice report Dave. The fish look like they are on the small size for Berry this year.
Don, as I told Carl, they are all the same size in the jar. LOL! I think some of the Berry studs will still find an 18" - 19" fish of 2 this summer but as a rule, I think most will be a couple inches shorter this year. A couple of years ago they apparently doubled the plant count so fish a plenty this year but a little smaller.

IceColdKoke
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Bduck it would have been fun to have you on the boat joining in on the action...next time you come to town you need to set a morning aside to dish out some Koke Punishment...

Bduck
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Bduck it would have been fun to have you on the boat joining in on the action...next time you come to town you need to set a morning aside to dish out some Koke Punishment...

I'm working on a trip for this summer for some ocean action but it depends on my son and when he coming to visit us. I miss living in Sacramento for it proximity to certain fishing.