PDA

View Full Version : spinners and crappie tubes for 2013

kok-head
03-10-2013, 03:31 AM
just tied these up tonight and hopefully they will produce, I know the crappie tubes are known to produce for many folks but I've really only used 2.5" hoochies the last few years, I bought some sale price spinner components and I'm gonna give them a try in a few weeks during my first trip this year

the crappie tubes are 1.5'' long and the length of the spinners from the clevis to the eye of the lead hook is 1.5" long, the spinners have 3 glow beads on them with size 4 hooks

I'll report how they all do soon, for any of you spending top dollar at tackle shops do yourself and your bank account a favor and build your own stuff when you can, because of the sale priced items these spinners cost me about $.40 ea to make, and there's nothing like catching fish on something you've created

Kokonuts
03-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Those are some good looking spinners & I have used the tubes with good results! I really like the Glow Beads that you put on them. You are right on target with making your own stuff & finding components on sale! It makes fisning a lot more funn!

Kokonuts

kok-head
03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
thanks, the blades are from cabela's (all except for the orange are size 3 lazer fleck), the glow beads (4mm) hold a charge for quite a while

my buddy uses all store bought lures, we have about the same amount of tackle and my goal is to take my stuff (which is about 1/10th the total price of his fancy lures, poles, reels and electric downriggers) and out-fish him this year, he's quite skilled but there are days when even his $6 lures are no match for my well-under-$1 lures thumbsup

SilverBullets
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Great looking lures and the color choices kok-head!! signfishin

kok-head
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
thanks, I can't wait to get them in the water