PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rar shoot

mrmike
02-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Got a phone call from a good friend and Native of Eastern Oregon (Burn's) gave me a heads up them little brown critters (sage rats) were out of there holes and out and about

sawtooth
02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Last weeks warm weather sure made it seem like spring had arrived. Unfortunately, this weeks weather looks more like it was more of a "spring tease". That's ok, because we need some more snow in the mountains (gotta fill those lakes up) and the next few days will hopefully deliever. I can understand your excitement. In another month I am hoping those little critters are out in full force.

Bduck
02-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Got a phone call from a good friend and Native of Eastern Oregon (Burn's) gave me a heads up them little brown critters (sage rats) were out of there holes and out and about

I'm unfamiliar what you are calling sage rats. What brings to mind is either a jack wabbits or prairie dogs. Description please? 101smily101

mrmike
02-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Sage Rats and Prairie dogs one and the same just another nick name

chukardave1
02-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Sage Rats and Prairie dogs one and the same just another nick name

Not correct. The sage rat is the Beldings Ground squirrel here in Central/Eastern Or. Not the same as the prairie dog, which is larger.

mrmike
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM
I stand corrected/thank you so they are just like a prairie dog but smaller a distant cousin

sawtooth
03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Got out last Saturday and shot some Beldings Ground Squirrels, Sage Rats, Whistle Pigs, or what ever you want to call them. With this warmer weather they are starting to come out of their holes. Great fun. Whistle Pigs and .17hmr's a great combination.

mrmike
03-20-2013, 03:23 PM
I picked up a Savage 17 HMR last year bull barrel the weapon was very in expensive with that accu trigger I was very inpress/just had to replace a head gasket on my pick up not good news Diesel 2004 ford crew cab$5.000 in the hole probable just stay around home for a while(long while).

sawtooth
03-20-2013, 07:32 PM
I picked up a Savage 17 HMR last year bull barrel the weapon was very in expensive with that accu trigger I was very inpress/just had to replace a head gasket on my pick up not good news Diesel 2004 ford crew cab$5.000 in the hole probable just stay around home for a while(long while).

Sounds like you have the same Savage 17 HMR as I have. Great rifle for the price. Sorry to hear about your truck troubles. I hope the head gasket doesn't cut into your fishing budget to bad.signfishin