PDA

View Full Version : fish finder in 2 places

Kokanee-Toni
02-03-2013, 10:01 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to use one fish finder in 2 places. Not at the same time. I have a small screen that I may not be able to see from the stern of the boat when using the kicker. At first I thought of just keeping it in the back but what about the gps when it is foggy and I am driving? So it would be splitting the transducer cable.

dragonfly
02-03-2013, 10:58 PM
it is done but it's not that simple you have to have a splitter and I believe both units need to be compatible I know there are people on here that have done that and maybe they can go into more detail, me I run a garmin 545 with lakeland charts and an airmar transducer for the chart plotter gps and backup sounder, and a furuno 585 for the large screen and sounder only, also with an airmar sounder, and so far they play well together and have not had any problems. dfly

Kokanee-Toni
02-04-2013, 12:11 AM
My idea was one unit with 2 places to put it. Front and back. My boat is only 15 foot so that is only about 4 foot. Someone said to just get another bracket and leave the cable loose so that I can move it back and forth as needed. I thought velcro might help keep the cable out of the way.