PDA

View Full Version : Strange Spinner Creations

SilverBullets
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
You know you have a few... homemade spinners that you've never tried out and most likely never will. Spinners so strange that your hesitant to even show to strangers. Don't be shy... share your weird spinner creations here!! thumbsup

SilverBullets
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok, i'm coming clean. Here's the rest of them...

trollmonkey
01-28-2013, 10:01 PM
SB ,There are a few interesting ones in your collection,but I think there are some awesome looking ones in there too. Many times something a little different gets the fish cranked up,so you should have things covered.

nofish
01-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Looks good SB, I am glad to see someone that has it as bad as I do. signfishin

sawtooth
01-28-2013, 10:17 PM
SilverBullets,

Alot of those spinners sure look like they would fish to me. What do you think is the biggest reason why you are hesitant to use some of your creations. For me, it seems, the larger a spinner/lure ends up the less likely I am to fish it. Smaller/shorter spinners get more time in the water, then those which have to many beads or other things hanging from them. Less is often more in my book.

SilverBullets
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
SilverBullets,

Alot of those spinners sure look like they would fish to me. What do you think is the biggest reason why you are hesitant to use some of your creations. For me, it seems, the larger a spinner/lure ends up the less likely I am to fish it. Smaller/shorter spinners get more time in the water, then those which have to many beads or other things hanging from them. Less is often more in my book.

Yeah... back when i first got into kokanee fishing around 10 years ago i got a bit crazy with the spinners. Nowdays i have more faith in other lures. I only use spinners for maybe a few hour's worth of trolling each year now... that's about it. They're not my go-to lure but they do catch a fish once in a while.

calamari
01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Those smallest Spin-Glo's are underrated as kokanee lures and as singles have produced good results for me. Tiny salmon or monster salmon all seem to be attracted to something they've never seen before (within limits) at least for awhile and then those lures just fall back into the herd of lures that are available. Experimenting often gives a 2 week or one season killer.