PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Fishing Day-Washington

lowe1648mt
01-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Are we ready to try it again? As of now, we -TrollnFisher ,eenaKok, and I have tentatively picked April 20th on Riffe Lake . To be held at Mossy Rock Park.
Any one interested?

Kokanee-Toni
01-12-2013, 05:49 PM
I will say maybe. I will have a 15 foot boat if it is ready by that time.

lowe1648mt
01-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Thank you Kokanee-Toni.See you at the show.

Kokanee-Toni
01-13-2013, 11:41 AM
In April is the Lake full? I asked someone to help but he needs the water to be at the docks for him to bring his boat.

lowe1648mt
01-13-2013, 03:28 PM
A good Question for TrollnFisher.

lowe1648mt
01-13-2013, 04:40 PM
According to Mr. Dan Gabriel of VFW Post 318, Our 501/3/c sponsor,We can expect 12 Wounded Veterans. That is the same number as last year. As far as volunteers, If more people want to show with their boat, come on up. If we don't have enough Vets to go around, at least come fish and meet some members you may not have yet met.

kokanee-lou
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Sure! I don't have a big enough boat for another person, but an extra body wouldn't hurt to help on a boat or shore.
Are we ready to try it again? As of now, we -TrollnFisher ,eenaKok, and I have tentatively picked April 20th on Riffe Lake . To be held at Mossy Rock Park.
Any one interested?

lowe1648mt
01-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Thank You Kokanee-Lou. Right, We can use the help. Also as said, bring the boat. you might want to try Riffe Lake if you haven't yet. If you have, You can be of help to those that need it.

kokanee_slayer
01-15-2013, 11:05 PM
As of now, we -TrollnFisher ,eenaKok, and I have tentatively picked April 20th on Riffe Lake . To be held at Mossy Rock Park.
Any one interested? You can count me in again this year.

lowe1648mt
01-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Thank you. The reservation is in for the kitchen shelter. I'm waiting on confirmation of the reservation. We have possible sponsorship for spinning rods from Cabelas in Marysville.
If any one would like to volunteer, we still need to find a sponsor for drinks( no alcohol) , and food. Also any gear we could get donated to the Wounded Vets. If you want to, send me a private message. Or, send a public message.
Chris

Kokonuts
01-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Count me in! I'll have room for 2 in my boat!

Kokonuts

Winterun
01-16-2013, 12:36 PM
I should be free around that time. Count me in, and I'll have room for 1 in the boat, and if we need to get some folks to the lake count me in for 3 passengers in the tow rig.

Winterun

lowe1648mt
01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Thank You,
That brings us up to 6 boats and 6 of 12 vets served. We need six more boats. No rush, we still have 3 months.
If you would like to help in another way, I could use some one to line up drinks( no alcohol). Also I would appreciate it if some one volunteered to find a donor for food.

Thanks Chis

Strike Zone
01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
lowe164mt:
I'll be glad to help. I have room for 1-2 people. Live in Castle Rock area south of the lake. I've never fished for kokanee yet, but I'm going to give it a go this year. Thanks

Denny

kokonut-----I sent you a question about downrigger colors posting today, but I'm not sure you have seen it. I am trying to learn a few things about catching kokes. Thanks

Denny

Strike Zone
01-17-2013, 12:54 AM
lowe164mt:

Hi. I see I have a message, but I must have somehow blocked it. I can't open it up. You can e-mail me at whalendenton@comcast.net Hope that works.

Mudinchev
01-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Chalk us up as a "maybe" for right now, just need to check and make sure there isn't something else going on that day if the schedule is clear we will be there.

lowe1648mt
01-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Thank you MudinChev , and Strike Zone for volunteering. I will keep every one posted as to future developments.

Mudinchev
01-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Thank you MudinChev , and Strike Zone for volunteering. I will keep every one posted as to future developments.

Nothing on the calender so count Shawn and I in...........We have room for 2 (1 would be best but we could easily make 2 work). signfishin

We have a platform on the back of the boat with railing so its easy to move around or set up a chair if seating is needed for playing with the fish.

lowe1648mt
01-20-2013, 01:55 PM
The reservation for the picnic shelter at Mossy Rock Park came back as accepted. One step closer to being ready. We could use 3 or 4 more boats . Also I could use a volunteer to get the drinks donated. as a suggestion, Costco,Walmart or a soft drink distributor would be a good place to start. 40 people, and 2 to 3 drinks apiece should do it. As for food, if someone wants to check for a donation for a food fund, and maybe come up with a menu, I would appreciate it. Last year we had hot dogs, hamburgers, and potato salad. Any thoughts on the menu? We are now open for requests/ recommendations.
Thanks, Chris

Kokanee-Toni
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Any thoughts on the menu? We are now open for requests/ recommendations.
Thanks, Chris

Should we have some kokanee?

lowe1648mt
01-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Kokanee-Toni,
I'm lead to believe that Koknee are in short supply on Riffe Lake. If we as a group can come up with enough kokanee to cook, that would be a good thing. As I just smoked my last frozen koks from last year, I doubt the will last to April 20th. Can we count On catching enough koks this spring to fill the bill? Early season can be fickle up here. Good idea.
My wife Anne and I will be at the show Friday afternoon.
Chris

Mudinchev
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Kokanee-Toni,
I'm lead to believe that Koknee are in short supply on Riffe Lake. If we as a group can come up with enough kokanee to cook, that would be a good thing. As I just smoked my last frozen koks from last year, I doubt the will last to April 20th. Can we count On catching enough koks this spring to fill the bill? Early season can be fickle up here. Good idea.
My wife Anne and I will be at the show Friday afternoon.
Chris

I still have a freezer full of fish......and will likely be adding to it long before April. I had plans of Smoking up a batch before the trip, but I will likely be able to provide some fish. (Im one of those that love to fish but eating it is another story)

Kokanee-Toni
01-21-2013, 01:45 AM
There aren't any kokanee in Riffe.
I have no idea about catching in April there.
I was still waiting to find out if the dock will be on land or water?
All my kokanee are in jars. I said kokanee because this is the Kokanee Fishing Forum.

I thought that we could have some fish there. I can make a spread of kokanee for crackers. If someone has some smoked for our vets to try? That is what I was thinking of.

lowe1648mt
01-21-2013, 02:07 AM
Kokanee-Toni,
I will find out about the ramp, if possible on Monday. Sounds good about Kokanee spread on crackers.
Mudinchevy.
I like the idea of smoked Koks for trial for the Vets. Does anyone like the idea of cooking up some of the Coho for every one?

lowe1648mt
01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
The water level on Riffe Lake, at this time is just off the ramp. The parks people I talked to said" It will be on the ramp before April 20th. However it may not be up to the dock." If you want up-dates on the level, call 1-888-502-8690.

Kokanee-Toni
01-23-2013, 01:59 AM
The water level on Riffe Lake, at this time is just off the ramp. The parks people I talked to said" It will be on the ramp before April 20th. However it may not be up to the dock." If you want up-dates on the level, call 1-888-502-8690.
Thanks for the info.

rcjeep37
01-30-2013, 03:36 AM
I should be available to take two vets out on the water( will have a better idea of that on the first of March).
Riffe Lake holds Landlocked Coho(very good eating when bled out and then bar-b-qed) and the fishing is very good in April w/dodger and a green/red wedding ring tipped with worm or sented shoepeg corn on the highway side trolling east from the dam along the shore line with the downrigger set between 10'-30' depending on the moon phase.

Lowe1648mt, they are right about the water level, they dont really start raising it till the first week in May to be at full pool by the end of May (depending on snowpack). The docks have not been usable in the past during April but the launch is not too bad. ttyl Robert Cgraggen

Steelheadin360
01-30-2013, 10:05 AM
count me in IF my new trailer is done, wouldnt trust old rusty to travel down that far, i have room for one in my boat.

lowe1648mt
01-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks for volunteering Steelheadin360 and rcjeep37. Rcjeep, thank you for the good input on the lake about what I've heard for the last 8 months. Nice to have it confirmed.
My Wife and I will probably camp Friday night and Saturday night as it is a long drive from my house. Anyone interested? We may be able to gt sites close together and near the picnic shelter.

lowe1648mt
01-30-2013, 09:47 PM
I've had a couple of offers of donations of money towards food and such. I still like the idea of cooked Koks, smoked Koks, and B-B-q'd Coho. There may also be people that don't eat fish. So I plan on hamburgers or hot dogs also.

Kokanee-Toni
01-30-2013, 10:14 PM
I've had a couple of offers of donations of money towards food and such. I still like the idea of cooked Koks, smoked Koks, and B-B-q'd Coho. There may also be people that don't eat fish. So I plan on hamburgers or hot dogs also.
I have to wait to see what I can do about food until closer to the date. I am still hoping my boat will be done by then.

lowe1648mt
01-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Hope so too. If not, I'd bet you can find a ride on another boat. Some of us could use a few pointers from your pro's point of view.

kokanee_slayer
02-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Chris, I'm willing to pitch in for food as well; I'll touch bases with you as we get closer to the event.

Toni, Hope your boat is ready as well. If not, as always' you're welcome to ride with me.

lowe1648mt
02-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Chris, I'm willing to pitch in for food as well; I'll touch bases with you as we get closer to the event.

Toni, Hope your boat is ready as well. If not, as always' you're welcome to ride with me.

Thanks for the offer, We will see what is needed when it gets closer.
Chris

Scrminbanshee
02-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Well i hope to make it but i can't commit to it just yet. I love riffe and would love to get down there a bit more.

lowe1648mt
02-03-2013, 04:37 AM
I hope you can make it also. It would be nice to meet our new members.
Chris

TrollNFisher
02-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Chris,

I'm in as usual and let me know if you need help with funds. I think we will be just fine with the lake level at that time. Sorry I didn't reply sooner works been hectic.

TNF

lowe1648mt
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Darren,
Everything will be taken care of. I see no problems at this time.
Bring your son if he wants to come.
Thanks, Chris

Get'nJiggy
02-12-2013, 10:37 PM
I'll be available to take at least one if not two people out. Just let me know...

lowe1648mt
02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
I'll be available to take at least one if not two people out. Just let me know...

Glad to have you. I think that w have more boats than wounded. No problem. If that turns out to be the case, we can share. That way the vet, can see how other people do it.

Scrminbanshee
02-13-2013, 07:07 PM
As of right now your on my calendar so lets hope i can make it! We have some sort of cook out afterwords right? If so all my kokes go to it!

lowe1648mt
02-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Thank You Scrminbanshee. I envy people that have Kokanee left over in the fridge. Yes we are going to have a cook out at lunch time. I am planning on having a few hot dogs or sausage on hand in case there are some people that don't eat fish, as I know of one at this time. We have the picnic shelter reserved. As I haven't been to this park, I'm not too sure as to what is available there. The shelter is next to the fish cleaning station and the kitchen shelter is near by.
Unless you have Kokanee to bring, people will be eating Coho. Just the way the lake is. If people limit out on /coho, I hear there are Lakers to fish for.

Scrminbanshee
02-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Thank You Scrminbanshee. I envy people that have Kokanee left over in the fridge. Yes we are going to have a cook out at lunch time. I am planning on having a few hot dogs or sausage on hand in case there are some people that don't eat fish, as I know of one at this time. We have the picnic shelter reserved. As I haven't been to this park, I'm not too sure as to what is available there. The shelter is next to the fish cleaning station and the kitchen shelter is near by.
Unless you have Kokanee to bring, people will be eating Coho. Just the way the lake is. If people limit out on /coho, I hear there are Lakers to fish for.

I spent a week down there last july and there is a nice area for a cook out that you reserved. Also should be nice for people as they are coming and going. i never herd that there was any lakers in there before! I wont be bringing any fish i just figured i could donate what i caught.

lowe1648mt
02-14-2013, 12:19 AM
No problem. Thanks.

Rseas
02-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Any one interested?

I have a 16' Lund with room for an additional fisherman and could accommodate a wheelchair if required. I have experience fishing Riffe lake and would be interested in helping out with this event.

eenakoK
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
I have a 16' Lund with room for an additional fisherman and could accommodate a wheelchair if required. I have experience fishing Riffe lake and would be interested in helping out with this event.

Welcome Rseas.. Good to see you on here! I think that we have more boats then vets, but that doesn't have to stop you to come down. They can share boats and try different ones :)

Kokanee-Toni
02-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Welcome Rseas.. Good to see you on here! I think that we have more boats then vets, but that doesn't have to stop you to come down. They can share boats and try different ones :)

Still 2 months to go but I am not sure about my boat being fixed by then. I hope so!
Glad to see you made it Rseas

lowe1648mt
02-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Thank you rseas,
We would be happy to have you along.

Kokanee-Toni
03-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Fished Riffe today and took some pictures of the ramp. TPU recording said it was usable but right now recommend using a 4x4 as it is slick. I was going to take a picture of the kitchen but forgot when we were leaving.

kokanee_slayer
03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the info Toni.

Kokonuts
03-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I like to camp so I can come up on Fri. & stay untill Sun. so just let me know where its at!
I can help out with some $$ for the food & drinks or let me know what I can bring! I am really
looking forward to this one !!

Kokonuts

lowe1648mt
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Kokonuts, I intend to camp from Friday to Sunday. I looked up Mossy Rock Park on Google maps and got a printed map and directions. If you need directions, I will type them out or try to send the address of the site.
As the Kitchen shelter we have reserved is near the launch ramp, I hope to get a camp site near the ramp. For more info you can go to Tacoma power.com/parks.

lowe1648mt
03-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I see from some of the questions that I should give out more info or clear up my lack of giving out all that I have at this time.
The Wounded Veterans Fishing Day is on Saturday April 20th. It will be held at the Mossy Rock Park on Riffe Lake. The lake is just South of highway 12. I got a map from Google Maps. I plan to start with a gathering at 8:00 A.M. to pick up you rider at the launch ramp parking lot. If it rains, We will meet in the picnic Shelter. That would be on the East end of the Park. Park Rules include no alcohol in the picnic shelter. Park entry fee is $5. For those that want to, there is camping with site at the ramp lot and further away. The park does not take reservations for camping. It's first come basis.
Boating rule will include but not limited to : No alcohol in the boats,All Coast Guard boating requirements must be met. Boats must be insured to meet Medical and liability for all on the boat.
Lunch will be at noon in the shelter. The shelter has stoves, sinks, and waste cans. The shelter is reserved for our group.
Food and drinks will be provided. If you want to have snacks,drinks,or Dancing Girls on your boat, it's BYO.
That's all I have at this time. Mr. Dan Gabriel of the VFW Post 318 in Olympia may have things to add.

lowe1648mt
03-12-2013, 12:29 AM
I got to go to Cabelas today. 12 Rods are confirmed for the veterans. now we just have to come up with the small stuff. Ideas?

lowe1648mt
03-19-2013, 08:15 PM
As I've not heard back from any one about possible donations( corporate) I was wondering if our skippers could donate a basic hook up for the pole. Maybe a dodger, and wedding ring, or squid? I know I could and would be O.K. with the out lay.

Kokonuts
03-20-2013, 01:35 AM
I am working on some gear for the 12 Rods from a couple of suppliers!
I'll let you know what comes in ASAP.

Kokonuts

lowe1648mt
03-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Thanks for working on that part. It would be helpful if some one could bring an old style coffee maker. The shelter has stoves and electricity. Of coarse a Mr. Coffee would work. I'll bring the ground coffee, tea bags, and Folgers coffee bags.
It would be nice if some one could pick up 3 or 4 dozen donuts. There will be a lot of people getting there after a long drive. It would be nice to greet them with coffee ,tea, and donuts.
Of coarse we will meet at the kitchen shelter first thing .

Strike Zone
03-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Chris. I sent you a message, but your private message thing said it was filled up and couldn't accept any more for now.
Denny

lowe1648mt
03-23-2013, 02:51 AM
Just a couple of small things. I'm informed that the ramp is free before Memorial Day. I don't know where I got the Idea that there are Lakers in Riffe Lake. Must be old age creeping up on me.
Riffe Lake as of today is at 717 feet. Full pool is at 778 feet. There are 27 days left before the event.
I'll add more info later. Chris

Strike Zone
03-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Chris: Your message about the Rife outing being only 27 days away hit me like a brick. Our going fishing at Palmer Lake is a month after that so no worries. Thanks
Denny

Kokonuts
03-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Chris,

I'll have the all important Coffee Pot with me in camp! Shasta tackle has some gear on the way to me & I'll try for some more stuff!

If any one needs my address just send me a PM. I sure hope the good weather holds up for the big Day!

Kokonuts

lowe1648mt
03-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi Richard,
I want to thank You and Shasta tackle. MackPrince has a donation from Gamakatsu and is working on others. He wanted to know if he could send it to me. I told him he could send it to me or he could send it to you. I hope that was ok. It's not like it's a load for a truck. . If not ok. I'll have him send it to me.

Scrminbanshee
03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks for working on that part. It would be helpful if some one could bring an old style coffee maker. The shelter has stoves and electricity. Of coarse a Mr. Coffee would work. I'll bring the ground coffee, tea bags, and Folgers coffee bags.
It would be nice if some one could pick up 3 or 4 dozen donuts. There will be a lot of people getting there after a long drive. It would be nice to greet them with coffee ,tea, and donuts.
Of coarse we will meet at the kitchen shelter first thing .

Ill bring the donuts!

lowe1648mt
03-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Thank You Scrminbanshee.
If some one wanted to stop by a store and pick up a couple cases of bottled water, it would help. I seem to remember last year Mr. Dan Gabriel, our link to the wounded, asked for any receipts we might have for the food that you buy for this outings lunch. And thank you for all who have helped so far.

Mudinchev
03-29-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm still in for at least 1 batch of smoked Kokanee, if I have time I will try to do two. (I should have enough fish by then 101ok101)

lowe1648mt
03-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Thank You, I hope with the rise in temperature that the fish will start biting. Then we all will have some koks in the fridge.

lowe1648mt
03-31-2013, 02:17 PM
The water level on Riffe is at 716 ft. that is 1 ft. lower than a week ago. Full pool is 778 ft. Less than 3 weeks to the event.
Can any one get more water out of the sky? Not enough snow in the mountains.

eenakoK
03-31-2013, 02:43 PM
And at 717, it was difficult to get the boat back on the trailer

lowe1648mt
03-31-2013, 02:48 PM
At what point do we consider moving the event to another lake? What other lakes have a facility ?

Kokanee-Toni
03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Last year on 4-21-12 Kokanee_slayer and I fished Riffe Lake. Only one ramp was available but he did not have a problem launching. No water at the dock.

The catching was insane and the morning water rough. Toward the afternoon the water was like glass.

eenakoK
04-01-2013, 12:07 AM
The graph shows the prediction of the lake being at 730 by the 10th.. that is moving in the right direction, and very usable..

http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/river/station/flowplot/flowplot.cgi?MSRW1

lowe1648mt
04-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Thank You for the graph eenakok. The Tacoma Power site says that the water level is at 719' That is 3 feet higher than last week. Maybe this rain will help also.
two weeks to the Event.

smokey34
04-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Is the launch good enough to launch a 19 foot Campion?

lowe1648mt
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Is the launch good enough to launch a 19 foot Campion?

Yes Smokey, the lake is up a lot in the last 3 days. It is presently at 729 ft. That is 9 feet in 3 days.

kokanee_slayer
04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Good news on the water level!!! I launched at Mossyrock about a month ago and it was quite the challenge. I am definitely looking forward to the event and THANKS Chris for all the hard work in support of our Vets!!!!!! thumbsup

lowe1648mt
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I've had help. It's not just me doing this. If you read top to bottom, you will see that everyone has done their share to help.

lowe1648mt
04-12-2013, 01:04 AM
The lake level is now at 731. Still going in the right direction.

eenakoK
04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
The lake level is now at 731. Still going in the right direction.

You stole my post :)

Lets just hope the fish and weather will now cooperate!

lowe1648mt
04-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Today being the 12th, we have 7 days to firm up the menu. As is I have posted to this thread 3 posts to bring food. to include smoked kokanee,kokanee spread for crackers, donuts, drinks( Bottled water, and soda) ,
I will bring hot dogs, buns, condiments,potato and macaroni salad,coffee, tea, hot coco, and charcoal. There are charcoal grills, electrical outlets, sinks, and garbage cans.
Looks like we could still use, Paper plates,hot cups( maybe paper ones?) Plastic forks, knifes, spoons, and napkins.
We have 2 or 3 people working on the small stuff ( gear for the rods). We have 3 people offering to help on the money end of things.

please share your receipts with me. If you have a different take on the menu, post up. I don't want to be a Dictator. Chris

lowe1648mt
04-12-2013, 11:34 PM
For any of you that missed it, we plan on meeting at he dining shelter a 8:00 AM.

Kokanee-Toni
04-12-2013, 11:34 PM
I will bring 12...lures, kokanee roll ups, some chips, and napkins.

lowe1648mt
04-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Thank you Kokanee-Toni. See you there.

Mudinchev
04-13-2013, 02:53 AM
I am still good with bringing Smoked Kokanee, Did a test run last Monday, and I still have PLENTY of fish (hope to be adding to the pile tomorrow too signfishin), Thinking 2 batches which should be 40-50 fillets.

lowe1648mt
04-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Thank you Team Wild Child. That's a lot of fish.

Strike Zone
04-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Thank you Team Wild Child. That's a lot of fish.

Chris: Looks like you've got things well under control and are doing a great job. I am in a little bit of a pickle as far as making it up there and using my boat to help out as necessary. I messed up my back two weeks ago and it still hasn't healed up. I went to the VA yesterday and they gave me some exercises to do, but it's a slow process to getting better. I will be there with bells on if I can. Our wounded vets deserve all the fun they can have. They've earned it. Hope to see everyone there next Saturday.
Denny

lowe1648mt
04-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Denny you are obviously a veteran also. I know you will be there if possible. Don't push it. If you can come, we can find the help you might need to launch and retrieve your boat. Netting the fish should be the hardest thing to do.
Good Luck Chris

lowe1648mt
04-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Picked up the poles today. 8 hours round trip.Something like 325 miles.

Kokonuts
04-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Chris: Looks like you've got things well under control and are doing a great job. I am in a little bit of a pickle as far as making it up there and using my boat to help out as necessary. I messed up my back two weeks ago and it still hasn't healed up. I went to the VA yesterday and they gave me some exercises to do, but it's a slow process to getting better. I will be there with bells on if I can. Our wounded vets deserve all the fun they can have. They've earned it. Hope to see everyone there next Saturday.
Denny

Denny, I'll be driving up on Sat. morning early going past your house,Soooo if you are able just give me a call! Plenty of room in my boat !!
Kokonuts

Kokonuts
04-17-2013, 01:36 AM
I called today (4-16 ) and the Lake water level is 737 & full is 778, or 41 ft. below full. The recording say's the Mossy Rock launch ramp is useable.

But I just read on another forum from someone that was there today that the " upper ramp is closed and the lower ramp is out of the water"

Can someone check this again ASAP?

KOKONUTS

Kokanee-Toni
04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
There are 3 ramps at Mossyrock at least 1 is usable at 730. The 3 ramps are all different lengths.
Go here and it gives you real time and predicted depth.http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/station/flowplot/hydroPlot.php?id=MSRW1&pe=HF
I went there when there was less water and a bigger boat than what you have and it did just fine. We did need 4x4 but it was the slipperiness of the ramp that it was needed.
I think it will be just fine to launch but it will be a loonnnggg ramp to back down.

Kokonuts
04-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks Toni!! I was a little worried when I read the other report!

See you on Sat. Kokonuts

Winterun
04-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to find out if anyone was commuting from the Tacoma area and wanted to caravan down to Mossy Rock Saturday morning??? I was thinking of leaving around 5:00am to get the boat in the water, but open to different times and routes. As I was just going to take the I5 route, a bit longer, but mostly all freeway. Send me a note if you want to caravan down.
Winterun

Mudinchev
04-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Not sure if any one is coming from farther south than Woodland, but Kokonuts and I are hopefully going to be rolling onto the freeway in Woodland about 6:15 or so. I am planning on making a pit stop somewhere for a quick (fast food) breakfast, Woodland or Kelso maybe.

eenakoK
04-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to find out if anyone was commuting from the Tacoma area and wanted to caravan down to Mossy Rock Saturday morning??? I was thinking of leaving around 5:00am to get the boat in the water, but open to different times and routes. As I was just going to take the I5 route, a bit longer, but mostly all freeway. Send me a note if you want to caravan down.
Winterun

We will be leaving Tacoma around 5:30. We will also be going the freeway all the way down as well. See you all down there!

eenakoK
04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
We used the ramp at 717 and it was rough, but at 737, we feel VERY confident that it won't be an issue.

Scrminbanshee
04-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Looks like ill be leaving south hill at 545 in order to get down there in time. I cant wait hope the wind isnt to bad!

Kokanee-Toni
04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
There goes my beauty sleep. laugh hyst
Going through Morton from SH it only takes about 1 3/4 hours.

Scrminbanshee
04-17-2013, 11:31 PM
There goes my beauty sleep. laugh hyst
Going through Morton from SH it only takes about 1 3/4 hours.

Looks like i might be following you as i am also south hill(im about a block away from the dump in graham). So if you see a white truck pulling a blue lund feel free to honk.

Kokanee-Toni
04-18-2013, 01:48 AM
While the water looks like it will be up but so does the wind. At least at this time. Let us pray that it will blow itself out on Friday.

TrollNFisher
04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
I will be leaving Rainer at around 545 heading south so I'll see most of you on the highway.

kokanee_slayer
04-18-2013, 09:34 AM
We will be traveling through Morton as well; see you guys on the road.

kokanee_slayer
04-18-2013, 09:57 AM
lowe1648mt
Chris,
I'm planning to stop by the store after work and was going to pick up two cases of water, a case of Pepsi and a case of 7-Up. Will that work or do I need to adjust? Do we need anything else? Tried to send you a PM but the system is telling me that your mailbox is full.

Mark

lowe1648mt
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
I think that about does it. Thanks for asking.
Chris

Winterun
04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Mudinchev, David, Darren,

I'll be at the AM PM on Hwy 12 there getting a refill on my coffee and some hot case breakfast. If you see my rig in the parking lot honk and wake me up!!!

Travel safe guys, and we'll see you on Saturday!!!
Joe

Winterun
04-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Looks like NOAA updated the weather forecast for Saturday slightly. The winds are going to stay the same pretty much, SW winds in 7-8mph range shouldn't be too much of a problem. But the precip went from a 50% chance to 60% still not too awful bad. Just going to be wet longer!!!
I'll have a couple extra sets of raingear if anyone needs, 1 med set, 1 large set, nothing fancy just rubber bibs and a raincoat.
See you all tomorrow!
Winterun

Scrminbanshee
04-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Well swung by Safeway today. Ordered up 4 dozen assorted donuts to be picked up at 530 in the morning. So if anybody wants to caravan from the graham area I'll be leaving the Safeway off canyon and 176th by bout 535.

MackPrince
04-19-2013, 10:29 PM
I hope you all have a great time making memories with the vets tomorrow! -Mack

Kokanee-Toni
04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Well swung by Safeway today. Ordered up 4 dozen assorted donuts to be picked up at 530 in the morning. So if anybody wants to caravan from the graham area I'll be leaving the Safeway off canyon and 176th by bout 535.

I think we are leaving around 5am.
Were you going through Morton?

Scrminbanshee
04-20-2013, 12:13 AM
I think we are leaving around 5am.
Were you going through Morton?

Yep I was planing on it. Just swiping by there to get donuts

Mudinchev
04-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Looks like we could be in for a blustery day: http://windalert.com/spot/2072#forecast

Hopefully its not too wet to go along with the wind. If you have drift socks/sea anchors what ever you want to call them, bring them along! They help out a lot when tied to the front of the boat.

See everyone in the AM!

Mudinchev
04-21-2013, 12:22 AM
So.....where is the little smiley dude with his butt dragging on the ground..?

thumbsup Had a great time! It was nice to finally put some faces to some names, too bad the fishing wasn't better, but hey thats why they call it fishing. And a huge thank you to every one that made this happen, it was great to give a little back to the people that gave SOO Much!

Strike Zone
04-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Chris:

Thank you for the great day today at Rife Lake. Wonderful job. It was truly an honor to be able to shake the hands and recognize those Wounded Warriors who were willing to put their lives on the line for our country if need be for the freedom we all enjoy in this great nation of ours. They are some of this nations finest heros weather they realize it or not. I am so thankful to them. The fishing wasn't half bad either.
Denny (Strike Zone)

eenakoK
04-21-2013, 03:41 AM
Chris -
Job well done on another great WW function! We were grateful to be apart of this event. It was good to put some faces to names. Thank you for all who served!

David

Kokanee-Toni
04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you Chris and Annie for your tremendous effort! It was a wonderful event. Thank everyone who helped out. Kokanee-Lou gave us maps but he forgot to put the spot where the fish were.golucky
The wind stayed away. The fishing was not easy.
We finally got our guy his limit. 6117

While this event is for wounded warriors it isn't part of the national Wounded Warriors program. It is through Wounded Veterans’ Fishing Program sponsored by VFW Post 318.

lowe1648mt
04-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I want to thank every one that came to help. I hope a good time was had by all. Anne and I camped 2 nites. It was fun. Did not hurt that I bought a Little Buddy heater. A little low water, and a little mud.
I wonder how many of our skippers are veterans? Of coarse I think everyone knows TrollNFisher is Active duty. I was active for 3 years. I'll bet at least 1/2 of our Washington members are veterans.
To all those that served, Thank you too.
Chris

Scrminbanshee
04-21-2013, 11:20 PM
It sure was a fun day. It was super nice to meet everyone and put some faces to names. The guy i took on the boat had to be one of the nicest people that i have meet and he seemed to really like the fishing. We managed to put 9 in the boat so we were able to send him home with a few more than his limit and man did he seem happy i even herd him call his wife and say what a great time the day was. I really want to think you chris for putting this together and allowing us to do my part it was a fantastic day.

TrollNFisher
04-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Chris, it was great event as always, look forward to next year.

Talk to you later

TNF

kokanee_slayer
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Chris and Annie,
Outstanding event; thanks!

Kokonuts
04-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Many Thanks to Everyone at the event!! It was a real pleasure to see everyone again & meet new friends!!

Kokonuts

lowe1648mt
04-22-2013, 11:40 AM
I hope you all have a great time making memories with the vets tomorrow! -Mack
Mack, We ended up with 10 vets. that included several kids. Eenakok brought his children, and a couple of the vets brought their children. Each vet and vets child got a rod and reel.
Chris

MackPrince
04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Great Job. It looks like a fun time was had by all.

Thank you everyone to who donated promos and time to make this happen. Our WA KFF group sets a high standard for comradre and sportsmanship! -Mack