PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Birds and a Blessing

TrophyBoat
12-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Couldn't ask for much better year for being outdoors hunting and fishing than to top it off with some fall pheasants and some waterfowling. Hunted Northern Utah and S. Idaho multiple days on the good old Bear River. Found a few chickens in Utah and Idaho was Phenomenal. Even found a few geese along the way. OH, and I am blessed (I am not religous whatsoever) but, yes I said it, BLESSED, to have my 2 year old lab still with us after he was caught by a coniber 330 beaver trap, that typically crushes bones and kills instantly. Attatched is last picture I had taken of him, luckily there will be many more to come. Hopefully there is an ice fishing report to follow and Happy Holidays!!!!5735573757365738

sawtooth
12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Looks like a good year of chasing birds. Sorry that your dog got caught in that trap, but glad to hear he will be O.K. Bird hunting is just not as fun without a good gun dog. I have been spending my season chasing chukar with a new GSP. He is starting to figure out the whole "holding point" to wing and shot thing. Lots of work but worth every minute of it.

TrophyBoat
12-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks Sawtooth, Hunting over dogs make a whole new meaning of being out there, even though mine are kinda out of control, its still fun!!!!