PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Bull

BlueBack79
11-05-2012, 01:20 AM
not the monster i was hoping to find, but i was more than happy to harvest this bull. my buddy shot another 5 pt on the other side of the ridge about an hour before. we had a couple days of packing meat, but it was worth it. had a great time. just skinned out the skull, removed the lower jaw and trimmed some skull meat. i'm going to attempt a diy euro mount on him. if it doesnt turn out, i can always chop the antlers off!!

sawtooth
11-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Blueback, Congrats on getting a nice branch antlered bull. Where you able to hunt the private property you had access to in your zone or did you get this guy on public land.

BlueBack79
11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
he was actually killed on a little chunk of public, from access through the private. watched a bull for three days that was an honest 350 class bull. problem was he would not come off private ground that we absolutely could not hunt. we were supposed to get some nasty snow storms, which i was looking forward to, but they never really came. all in all it was a great hunt. we were running out of time and we knew we couldn't be as picky as we'd like to be. now i need to figure out how to get my deer. my general season sucked! think i might try the 39 archery hunt. even if i don't tag out, that hunt is fun as hell!!