PDA

View Full Version : How is the big game season treated you this year?

sawtooth
10-26-2012, 11:03 PM
So how has this years big game season treated you so far? So far I have been fortunate enought to harvest a nice bull elk(picture and story on controll hunt thread). Hoping to get my son his cow elk during his December cow elk hunt. Until then it's time to chase some upland birds. tooexcited

SuperDaveMT
10-30-2012, 01:20 PM
My youngest daughter decided at the last minute to come home from college and hunt with the old man for opening day of elk season. She was rewarded with a 4 X 5 bull - her first elk - that she had down by 8:15. Center punched him from 302 yards and put him down in his tracks (.270WSM with 150g nosler partition). Took all day to get him out as I'm slowed by a bum knee that has me fat and out of shape this season but we got 'er done. She wants to go bust a big whitetail during her next 3 day week-end in November.

Bduck
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Congradulations to your daughter. Her first Elk-WOW. I have harvested deer but never been Elk hunting. Now I can't tromp around on 2 bad knees which I'm way out of shape too. Plus I gave up one to have more of the other, FISHING. thumbsup

smokepoles
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Nice to hear some of you doing those fun things with your kids.

I didn't draw for any big game tags this year, so just been upland and waterfowl hunting. Upland has been really slow for me, but have done well on ducks and geese so far. Son and I got a fun double x triple on geese Sunday before last just a couple miles from house. My son is competing at the world Goose in Maryland in a couple weeks, so I'll be out my caller for a bit here in Nov. Maybe we'll have some migrant geese in the valley by the time he gets back.