PDA

View Full Version : Tape Cutting?

trollmonkey
09-26-2012, 08:37 PM
What are ya'll using to cut tape for dodgers etc? I've tried razor blades ,it works ,but it's easy to get off track.101smily101

SuperD
09-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I use a one size down dodger as a template, i.e. a 4.5" dodger as template for 5.5" dodger tape. I put some scotch tape doubled over between my template and the dodger tape. I use an X-acto knife with new blades to cut the dodger tape. All in all a real pita but the end result is close to perfect. The guys that have a wife into scrap booking or has a friend into scrap booking is who has it made. The cricket multicraft cutters can do a million shapes and sizes. Start asking around, you find a source there and you're golden.

Physion
09-27-2012, 05:16 PM
From one cut up to another... First I use a light piece of sandpaper to rough up the backing on the tape. Then I can trace around a template with a pen or marker. A good pair of scissors can make a quality cut. Peel, apply, and go fishing!

SilverBullets
09-27-2012, 05:23 PM
I also use smaller versions of the design to get the general shape. Once it's cut i save the paper backing to use as rough templates for future tape jobs. I use sissors except for ladder backs...those get done with a razor knife.

trollmonkey
09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys.Now I've got to get an X-acto knife and some good scissors.

MTmountainman
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Matte-cutters for picture framing make great straight cuts and these other guys have the rest of it.