PDA

View Full Version : Strange phone call

jekern1015
09-17-2012, 10:37 PM
I received a message today from someone claiming to be a private detective in New York working on a missing persons case. My wife called and it had to do with our neighbor, a divorced man who has lived by himself for the last 16 years. We have never seen any vistors at his home at wich he is hardly ever at. He does work 2 jobs to make ennds meet, he gets to work by riding his bike to the bus stop everyday. My main question is, are bill collectors using these types of methods to get more info on their clients. Also on the message they say they believe my wife and I have information regarding there case. What do you think?

Kokaholic
09-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Interesting, could be. Leave a number to call him back at? If he is legitimate he will. Does the name of the guy next door match up with what you know him as? Does he have a car since he rides a bike everywhere? Seems this guy could easily be trying to run under the radar by just what you have said about him.

SmokeOnTheWater
09-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd call the cops! Oh yeah, Mark are one!

Mudinchev
09-19-2012, 09:07 PM
If they want information about your neighbor let them get it from him, if they know he is your neighbor they know where he is. Or they could be fishing for information about you. Save all the info you can from the call, Google the number if you still have it, you would be surprised sometimes at what you can find out by doing that.

jekern1015
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I googled that phone number, as Mudinchev had mentioned, and found out that it was really a P.I.. The P.I. investigates cases involving u.s. citizens and foreigners. I talked with my neighbor and he said he left back in the 70's with out telling anyone. Maybe he married to get over here from the russian block countries, I don't remember which one, and ditched the woman later on. He didn't want to talk to much about it. I haven't seen any commotion with the police so I don't think it was to serious.