PDA

View Full Version : West Hill 9/9/12

DJ EG
09-09-2012, 02:36 PM
John and I went out Friday afternoon 4:30 to 7:45. We were leaving just as Seadog was heading out. It was a bit breezy in the late afternoon early evening. We got one fish. We covered both east and south. He did much better than us.
This morning we got out at 6:15 and stayed till 10. Luck was a bit better. We boated 4, all before 8. Three males and one female. Compared to last week, the fights were a bit tame. I got mine on a Mack Pink Wedding Ring about 15 inches behind a wobbler. John was using the same and switched to a home made with white bead and got his.
The males are turning pink and the last one I caught looked quite red as I pulled it out of the water. Once we got them home, I can't tell which one it was.

And like Seadog, I have them on the smoker. I didn't brine them. Went from cleaning to the smoker. I'll see how they come out. I've done it before where I've mixed in some fresh catches with some that had been brined over night. They've been good.

Trout Tracker
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Nice fish. The morning bite is very short. Going to give them a short troll in the morning.