PDA

View Full Version : Wh 9/7/2012

SeaDog
09-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Hi,

Got out again on West Hill tonight -> East side this time 1st cove.
Surprised to find myself the only boat on the pond on a calm water Friday night ! rolleyes

Fished (jigging as usual) from 7:45 to 12:20 AM
Anchored in 46 ft.
Big schools cruiusing between 32 and 37 ft.

Lost 3 -> Boated 7 with #8 just as the moon came up over the trees.
Fish where super wild and fighting very hard -> Lots of acrobatics! golucky
All fish had just a little red blush on their sides -> Fish where still hard and fat, and the meat is still that very nice salmon orange !
I figure 1 more good week before they really get red and flesh starts to turn white.

This bunch also destined for the smoker ! tongue2

SeaDog

Trout Tracker
09-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Nice catch SD. There's still quite a few weeks for the catch and release guys.

SeaDog
09-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Nice catch SD. There's still quite a few weeks for the catch and release guys.

Catch and WHAT ? 101duh101

Kokes only have a 3-4 year life span (depending on strain) and once they turn red and go to spawn they die as any other Pacific Salmon do.

Best tasting freshwater fish there is ! tongue2

OK! Just busting you laugh hyst

SeaDog

trollmonkey
09-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I hear you SeaDog.My lake fishing usually ends in filet and saute (fry doesn't rhyme) or with kokes kill and grill.nananana

SeaDog
09-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I hear you SeaDog.My lake fishing usually ends in filet and saute (fry doesn't rhyme) or with kokes kill and grill.nananana

Yeap! Baked 2 of last nights Kokes for supper tonight with rice pilaf, grilled zucchini, french bread, and a nice bottle of white wine.
Doesn't get better than that ! , except for the smoked Kokanee Candy ! tongue2

SeaDog -> back at ya nananana

Trout Tracker
09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
SD, don't get me wrong I will keep a few for the grill. That pond is loaded with them, plenty for all of us. You just have to find them.

SeaDog
09-08-2012, 10:40 PM
SD, don't get me wrong I will keep a few for the grill. That pond is loaded with them, plenty for all of us. You just have to find them.

Hi TT,

As I said -> Just bustin your chops 101ok101

Will be interesting to see what size spawners DEEP catches in their nets this fall.
Kokes feed well this year so I'm hoping there might be some whoopers caught -> We'll see ? thumbsup

SeaDog