PDA

View Full Version : Short Bite

hornhunter1
09-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Was trolling on West Hill at 6:00am to 10:30 am with the bite starting at 8 ish and ending abrubtlyat around 9.Boated 3 female kokes fishing at depths from 28-31' using pink beads and shoepeg. Marked schools from 27-35'.
Fish are still somewhat fresh.

DJ EG
09-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I was out same time with my buddy. We headed straight to the South end. Likewise we had a short bite. Everything came between 6:45 and 7:15. It seemed like we were going to really hit them. After that we got several hits, but no connections. I got two kokes and a nine inch next year koke (he went back in to grow). He got a koke and a brook trout. The largest koke was 14" and was a male, the other two were females. The male is obvious with the slightly hooked jaw. He also was quite a fighter. Hardest fight I've had so far. He did not like the looks of the boat or net. Made for some fun acrobatics. I was using a wobbler with a pink Mack wedding ring about 10 inches behind. Buddy caught his on a home made green bead rig. Fish caught 33 ft. See you in the morning.

Fishfinger
09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I went out this evening 5-7:30, boated 5, missed a few more hits. pink/green combo behind a williams 35-40 down. all caught on the eastern side

hornhunter1
09-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey Chris,

You been to Quabbin this year? This is my second season I did'nt go.

Are the numbers of kokes at Twin still climbing? I hope so, thats where I caught my biggest koke and you have boated some beauties.
You'll probably be the one to break the new record if you have'nt already.

Well anyhow I hit the Hill again this morning and I was off to a bad start hangingup on ropes,shanties and who knows what else. At around 7:00 I boated a male koke on pink and green homemade beads w/died pink regular corn behind silver wobbler.2nd koke was a female that slammed the rod behind me with the clicker on, thought I was hungup again.Caught her on worm shoepeg/anise behind a williams.Caught a 15"bow on the same rig and released her. 5575557455765577Marked lots of cruising schools from the boathouse to the gray box but they just would'nt cooperate so I went to the southend at around 10:30. Boated my 3rd koke, a male on an orange mack behind a williams.
All fish were caught at 31'-33'.

Fishfinger
09-03-2012, 05:56 PM
hornhunter, you didnt miss anything at Quabbin this year, my best trip was 3 days after the season opened, its been down hill from then on. Its been the same way at twin, in early june I hammered the kokes, after that I was lucky to catch 1 or 2 per trip.

DJ EG
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Hornhunter,
Nice meeting you this morning. For the record, John and I boated 5 kokes, 4 males. One gave us the show. We were cracking up trying to get that thing in the net. How do you explain to someone the show they put on. I also lost and landed one of next years which I released. They are already 8 or 9 inches. Here's to catching a 19 inch'er in WH next year.

Trout Tracker
09-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Hey Hornhunter I thought I was the only one to find snags in that pond. I never fail to get 1 or 2 per outing. I have more than a half dz. marked on the gps. Going to try and get out now that the holiday is over and the grand daughters in back to school. Nice fishing fellas and thanks for the updates.

hornhunter1
09-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Fishfinger,was'nt it around now that you caught that giant at Quabbin some years back.I caught my biggest Quabbin landlock in Sept.It should be getting good about now, but who knows, this year was off the wall.

hornhunter1
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
DJ EG,
Nice meeting you too.I'm glad those crazy kokes had you laughing it up, funny fish.Hows johns noggin doing?Tell him, I hope him the best.

hornhunter1
09-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Trout Tracker, they need a dragger to comb the bottom of WH this way alot of blood pressure would be lowered.lol

Hope you hittem hard Good luck.