PDA

View Full Version : Slow Koke Troll

hornhunter1
08-28-2012, 01:20 AM
5549Got up to the Hill for 5:30 am and I'm still finding out that the Kokes are still not hitting that great.Very soft hits if they hit at all.
Managed to put only one in the boat on a green crystal basin wild eye dodger followed by green beads at 15 " with anise scented shoepeg.
A few other boats got the skunk and one guy managed 2 on pink beads.

rgarbar
08-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Try moving the beads/lure closer to the dodger. One of the dodgers functions is to give some movement to non action lures. Try the beads 8" behind the dodger and see if that helps.

hornhunter1
08-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Try moving the beads/lure closer to the dodger. One of the dodgers functions is to give some movement to non action lures. Try the beads 8" behind the dodger and see if that helps.

Most of my rigs are at 10 inches behind the dodger with not much action lately but there have been times over the years I had nonstop hits.
Do you think 2" will make a difference??
Thanks

SuperD
08-28-2012, 05:10 PM
hornhunter, the difference between really successful guys and us lazy guys is they'll run leaders of every length until they find what they want THAT DAY. I get stuborn and stay with what worked before all the time. Everything ever so miniscule makes a difference.

hornhunter1
08-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Superd,your right about paying attention to every detail with those crazy kokes.

Trout Tracker
08-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the update. The bite has been slow and that's why I haven't been there aside from my watching the granddaughters. I agree that 2" can make the difference. The last couple of times out I had luck with chartruese uv mini hoochie behind a uv dodger. Hope to get back at it next week.

SeaDog
08-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi,

Got out last night. 7:30 PM to midnight. (8/29/2012)
Still night jigging for Kokes at the south end of WH.
Anchored in 53 ft. of water.
Seeing large schools cruising between 30-38 ft down on the FF.

Kokes where unbelivably wild.
Hitting very hard.
Had 3 hit hard and fought hard -> lost them 1/2 way up.
Had 2 hit hard and shot to the surface after 4-5 cranks -> tailed walked wildly before throwing the hook.
Finally got 2 in the boat.
Last one was the wildest ! -> Hit hard -> shot to the surface -> tail walked all over the place then made a suicide run at my boat and hit it amidships hard (other guys fishing heard it) -> again tailed walked wildly and finally boated him.
Got 2 more half hearted hits and then the bite died off.
All fish landed where 14-15 inches and still silver gray -> No red showing yet.
Figure we've got 1-2 weeks left maybe 3 if we're lucky

WHAT A BLAST LAST NIGHT WAS ! thumbsup

SeaDog

hornhunter1
08-31-2012, 11:08 AM
I anchored up by 5:30 am yesterday at the Hill marking most of the fish at 28-35'.Tried jigging and tried the maggot thing to no avail.
Wind picked up so I opted to troll getting only one hit and one koke in the boat.He started to transform.
I will be hitting WH again this weekend.

Trout Tracker
08-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Hey Sea Dog, you have to teach these fish to jump in the boat and then grab them before they jump out.lol