PDA

View Full Version : Wh 8/19

DJ EG
08-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Me and my buddy went out early this morning in two boats. He had a friend with him.
Fishing a Mack Pink Wedding ring with a couple of white corn behind a wobbler.
I caught one brown at the south end down 34ft. One other hit in front of the swim club on the south end.
Otherwise, no bite. Nothing marking on the FF. Marked a few patches of bait around the north east corner.
Are the Kokes done?
Haven't heard from SeaDog? Anything happening on the night shift?

SeaDog
08-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi,
Was out of action for 7 days having my brake lines repaired to my pick-up. Wasn't going to tow my boat with bad brakes!
Finally got out the last couple of days.
Fished the south end near the yacht club in 53 ft. of water from sundown to midnight.
Got 3 Kokes each night -> Slow fishing -> But saw lots of schools cruising between 31 and 36 ft. -> deeper then usual because of the very warm water.
Kokes just starting to change but still silvery and very aggresive when they bite.
Wx is better and water cooling down so I hope these last weeks of August will make the Kokes school up tighter.
The fish are there -> You just have to find and work to get them!

SeaDog

Trout Tracker
08-20-2012, 05:28 PM
DJ EG from what I have heard it is sloooow right now. I think it will pick up. Try that same lure in chartruese down 20-25' early morning (sunup time). You might get a few pesky bluegills but sometimes the kokes are in that depth range early. Thanks for the update.

DJ EG
08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys. We'll keep at it.