PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report Lake Tahoe (Kokanee)

Pappy
08-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Well first day on the lake at beautiful lake Tahoe. Headed out this morning to fish for the kokanee. Dropped the down riggers to 50 feet deep and the bite was on. Caught 4 fish on the same pole. I didn't even have time to set the other pole up. Caught a few more and then it slowed down. Needed 2 more fish for a limit. After 2 hours later my son caught his 2. Nice looking kokanee and good size. Fishing in front of the keys just west near camp Richardson. Lots of boats out there this morning. More than I saw last year. Fishing is good so far. Came home with 10 fish.

Bduck
08-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Pappy, What kind of size is coming from Tahoe? Tackle????

Pappy
08-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Pappy, What kind of size is coming from Tahoe? Tackle????

Were using rainbow runner single hook FL red. This lure seems to be the ticket. Caught some off of other kokanee lures but this one was the ticket. Fish are running about a 1lb to 2lbs on th bigger ones. They were about 14 to 18 inches on the bigger ones. I am just giving a good educated guess on the size but they are fat. Went out to day with the wife and son and all came in with limits again. Another good day on the lake.

Fishs Outdoor Experience
08-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Pulling several limits with Father Murphy's

Pappy
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Well we went out again and caught 3 limits of kokanee. Another great morning on lake Tahoe. While fishing for the kokanee my friend thought he was stuck on the bottom until his rod started to tug. He caught a nice lake trout. It weighed about 4 lbs. Quite a fight on a koakanee rig. Our last day out only caught one kokanee but it was a very large one. The biggest kokanee I have seen in my 14 years of fishing on lake Tahoe. It looked to be about 2 lbs. It had a large hook jaw. A beautiful male. See you next year lake Tahoe.