PDA

View Full Version : Fontenelle

wyosledder
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
SO after driving all the way over to Fontenelle we found a big road closed for repairs sign.No camping ,no boat launch. It will not be open according to the sign until mid August. I cant believe how stupid the govt entity is that would plan to close a campground at the height of summer instead of doing the work in the spring or fall. The road was already paved and could have been driven on but they had it closed anyway.

gonefishing
07-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Thats really to bad. I would have liked to have seen a report from there. That makes a nice 3 day trip for me, from Idaho Falls. It would be nice if they cleaned that campgound up, and made it nicer. My wife thinks that is one ugly location and won't go with me. Its the fishing that counts for me.

wyosledder
08-17-2012, 11:40 AM
The BLM said the campground will be open today.Still debating whether to drive down or stay at Palisades.Did manage two kokanee,two cuts and an 8lb mack out of Palisades last Sunday evening.

rebelsportsman
06-27-2013, 12:01 PM
is palisades a good lake to stay at?

gonefishing
06-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes. Great place. Check on the water depth close to the boat launch that you want to camp next to. We are having a very low water Year.

Dorado
06-11-2015, 09:33 AM
No one posts here, but I have been absolutely killing the Kokes since the end of April! Long lining spinner/squid combos for easy limits of 14"-18" fish before 9 am. Caught one last Sunday that was 19" and 3 pounds 10 ounces after bleeding out!

gonefishing
07-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Dorado,

Is their water available at the camp ground? I know power and a dump station, boat launch etc, but not sure on the water. It is a 5 hr run for me, so I want to stay the better part of a week, and water re-fill or hook-up is important. Does anyone else have information on the improvements made to the camp ground.

Thanks

Dorado
07-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Pretty sure there is water, but I just drive down from Pinedale, I have never camped there.

I have not fished Fontenelle since early June. It may still be fishing OK for Kokanee, it is usually an early summer kind of thing, but it has been cool and showery lately so who knows? Also, the lake can get a bloom of blue green algae in late summer that makes the kokes taste muddy. Be sure you bleed out your fish and get them on ice immediately....

Good kokanee fisherman often do poorly at Fontenelle, it is weird. Fish fast and near the surface, at dawn and the first few hours of daylight.....