View Full Version : Strawberry

dubob
07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Thursday PM (7/12), 20 plus cutts/bows, 1 kokanee, very windy late
Friday AM/PM (7/13), 30 plus cutts/bows, 2 kokanee, very windy PM
Saturday AM (7/14), 20 plus cutts/bows, 1 kokanee, very wet AM

jekern1015
07-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I need to get up there before the dav event. I volunteered my boat and hope to prefish it before then. I don't want to take someone fishing in my boat and come back with nothing. I haven't decided if we should jig or just try trolling or the old tried and true worm and marshmallow. Were you on the strawberry or soldier creek side and what seemed to be working best.

SmokeOnTheWater
07-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Nice outing Dubob. Were most of the cutts still in the slot? I too am headed there on the 4th for the DAV Event. I will be sticking with the tried & true method of trolling koke gear and one rod rigged up with a walleye worm harness for the more finicky cutts. Don't worry about boating fish, Strawberry has never let me down.

AFDan52
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Hey guys , I am thinking about heading up to the Berry myself maybe on Friday. I also want to get some fishing time in on the lake before the DAV Event . Let me know when your going up .

dubob
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
I haven't decided if we should jig or just try trolling or the old tried and true worm and marshmallow. Were you on the strawberry or soldier creek side and what seemed to be working best.
We were mainly fishing in the bay between Sage Hen and the ladders on the Strawberry side in 60 to 70 feet of water and all fish were caught trolling off downriggers. We used stackers on both. One was set at 55 feet with the stacker at 45. The other was set at 40 feet with the stacker at 30. We caught fish at all depths. We used the smaller RMT and Luhr Jensen dodgers followed by squid (Hoochies), wedding rings, or needle fish all tipped with red or white Berkley maggots. As is mostly the case, pink or pink in combination with some other color seemed to be the best bet. We had double and triple hits more than once. Sometimes we would get hits and releases on the down drop.

dubob
07-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice outing Dubob. Were most of the cutts still in the slot?They were. We had 3 or 4 beauties that went 23/24 and maybe 8 to 10 under 15 inches. All the bows were under 12 inches. I guess the big bows don't like the deeper water.

I'm planning on going up there on the 2nd of August for the DAV Event to fish for a couple of days beforehand. I'll see you up there.

jekern1015
07-19-2012, 09:29 PM
I will be headed up Sunday morning. Lookout kokanee (I hope).

Ccarterkayak
07-20-2012, 10:12 AM
New to this forum( and fishing for kok's), but I tried the soldier creek area 2 weeks ago, and got nothing, at around 40 feet deep. Anyone have any luck on that side? Was using pink Kok killers...Thanks for the info guys