PDA

View Full Version : Nice Trio Of Kokes!

rgarbar
07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Finally got out on the lake again. Went out this morning a caught these fiesty kokes on light tackle. All were in the 16" range. The kokes have been showing a good rate of growth this year at Nantahala.

SeaDog
07-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Yeah! Hope to start seeing some in the 15-16 inch size soon here at West Hill.

Your right! The Kokes are feeding very well this year.

Ours may be 13" + but nice and fat!

Just took out 36 fillets out of the smoker and cooling! tongue2

SeaDog

Trout Tracker
07-10-2012, 10:09 PM
those ae some nice fattiess for sure. well done!

Dr. Oc
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Hey Ron, nice catch. Glad to see you're still on them. I had a quick trip to the mts. for me this weekend, but no rods in sight. Dropped my son off at camp in Black Mt. and then got as far as Sapphire to see my daughter at camp up there as well. Back in Raleigh on the same day (7 hrs. in the car!). I'm definitely not making it to the lake this year. My trailer finally rusted out down at the beach last weekend and nearly broke in half at the ramp. New one is ordered but won't be ready for 2 weeks. Already looking at next years schedule, however, and may be up there 2 different weeks! Can't get here fast enough. Don't catch'em all! Best of luck.
Doc

trollmonkey
07-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey Doc,I live In Black Mountain.Might have just missed you,which camp did your son go to? Years ago I worked at the camp at Ridgecrest in the kitchen ,even so it was a blast. I took my son-in -law ,Carter,sunday to Nantahala we had a great day 13 kokes and a walleye.Hope to meet you next summer. Mark

Dr. Oc
07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Mark, WOW! what a great day. Makes me even more jealous. Just out of curiosity how deep are you finding most of your fish? Last yr. this time I got most of mine between 60-75 ft.
My son is at Camp Rockmont. It's his 2nd yr. there. He really loves it. Beautiful area to live in
Doc

trollmonkey
07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey Doc,Rockmont is nice,and there are some good largemouth in the lakes . We were getting kokes 55-65,they weren't spread out so we would work the ones we saw pretty hard. Saw all but one or two on the finder before they hit. It was real tough late last summer on the one trip I made in Aug. Then we were seeing fish at 100'-120', we would drop down but no takers in the abyss. Hoping to get out to Nantahala one more trip in Aug,we'll see if the fishing holds. Take Care Mark