PDA

View Full Version : UV spray

trollmonkey
07-08-2012, 09:55 AM
We're having a hot summer here in WNC and the bite has been off. I've been using some UV/glo lures from Kokanee Creek Tackle and have gotten hits that weren't coming on "tried and true lures" on tough days. I finally got some UV spray to coat gear I have without it. The spray reflects under the blacklight so I know it's working. Does the spray (UV Blast etc.) last for a long period on the lures ,or does it need to be applied frequently? Most importantly does the sray work as well as the UV finish on commercially made gear?101smily101

SilverBullets
07-08-2012, 12:40 PM
We're having a hot summer here in WNC and the bite has been off. I've been using some UV/glo lures from Kokanee Creek Tackle and have gotten hits that weren't coming on "tried and true lures" on tough days. I finally got some UV spray to coat gear I have without it. The spray reflects under the blacklight so I know it's working. Does the spray (UV Blast etc.) last for a long period on the lures ,or does it need to be applied frequently? Most importantly does the sray work as well as the UV finish on commercially made gear?101smily101

I would think the spray washes off eventually...kinda like scent. I permantly coat jigs with Component Systems uv seal coat... it's an epoxy and dries to a hard finish.

SuperD
07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I spray all my blades with the UV Blast and then spray with a lacquer clear coat. It is then permanent! The UV Blast is an acetone based spray and sticks very well to beads as it almost becomes part of the plastic. I think you'll have a better chance of losing the lure before the UV wearing off.

SilverBullets
07-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I spray all my blades with the UV Blast and then spray with a lacquer clear coat. It is then permanent! The UV Blast is an acetone based spray and sticks very well to beads as it almost becomes part of the plastic. I think you'll have a better chance of losing the lure before the UV wearing off.

I've never used the uv blast spray. I was thinking it was something like that fool a fish uv spray. That stuff looked like diluted milk...used it one time and threw it out.

Master Chief
07-21-2012, 07:14 PM
It is like diluted milk and that is how it works. I actually made some dodgers and primed them white and sprayed the with UV then airbrushed and sealed with DN. It states on the bottle to re-apply every 30 or so minutes. Just make sure when you seal with out a uv blocker sealant.