View Full Version : Friday night at WH

SeaDog
07-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Hi,

Well got out on WH at 8:30 PM.
Pond was calm.
Fished till 1:00 AM
Fishing was slow.
Caught 5 Kokes (all at 33-34 ft.) and 2 Lrg. Browns (released)
Have 36 Koke fillets in Rum brine ready for the smoker tomorrow! tongue2

SeaDog

Trout Tracker
07-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Why don't you troll them up? Seems to be a good bite going on. Put the rigger down aand just wait for the release. No effort at all. I'll be back after vacation.

SeaDog
07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Why don't you troll them up? Seems to be a good bite going on. Put the rigger down aand just wait for the release. No effort at all. I'll be back after vacation.

Hi TT,

Well to quote the famous "Noel Coward" song -> "Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Mid-day Sun".

Cooler at night, much quieter, no boat traffic, no tending the trolling gear or constantly adjusting speed, no wasting of gas (I'm at anchor), drinks & snacks in cooler, radio to listen to music or ball game, some good friends anchored near-by to chat and have a few laughs with, ..... "Plus" the Kokes fight harder and put on an unbelivable display of acrobatics because they have all their energy and not dragged thru the water!

This is just my prefered method for fishing for Kokes in the hot summer ! tooexcited

I troll also, but only in the spring time when it's cooler !

It's fine which ever way your having fun catching Kokes !

FYI: Got out last night on the south end of WH at 8:40 PM and anchored in 52 ft.
Caught and released 8 big trout.
Caught 5 nice fat Kokes -> all at 27-29 ft.
Left at 1:00 AM

Smoking up the fillets today. tongue2

SeaDog

Trout Tracker
07-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Well Stephen, we all have our prefered methods and mine is trolling. 2-3 hours in the morning before the sun is to hot is the way for me. There's no wasting gas when I use the elec. trolling motor and if I use the gas motor I don't use but a quart trolling them up. The fish are just as spunky in my opinion. I've had them jump over the boat as well as jump in the boat. I just find it more productive covering more area trolling and working the fish when I find them on the ff. Double digit counts are not uncommon for 2-3hr. trolls.