PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa - 7/1/12

Cliffpaul2
07-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Had a nice day trolling at Berryessa. It was a little slow, but the five we caught were quality fish. We got 3 Rainbows from 16-17", 1 15" King Salmon and 1 THICK Kokanee that was 18" and probably close to 3lbs (wish I had a smaller scale!). We tried areas including the ranch house and several spots around the big island. Most of the hookups were between the island and the ranch house. Two trout came on the surface in the am before the fog burned off, and the rest came throughout the day on downriggers at 56-70'. Tackle that worked included blue hootchies, pink hootchies and orange spinners (wedding rings?) on watermelon dodgers and small chrome sling blades. Water temp was 76 at 6:30am and almost 80 when we left at 2pm. Best speed was 1.2mph.

1keyman
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
it's obviously i have lots to learn about berryessa,we were there all day sunday,i got 1 fish on top with flashers and wedding ring(firetiger),lost it on the way in and only 0ne other hit,on top,all day. noting on the down riggers,so thank you for the detailed info,i hope to apply the info tommorow