PDA

View Full Version : Lost power to control panel

bwhite
06-30-2012, 01:02 AM
I need a little help guys, long story short, I put a test light in my cigarette lighter receptical and blew a fuse or tripped a breaker. It took out my control panel where all of my bilge pump, live well, accessory, and navigation lights switches are wired up. The boat is a 2009 Crestliner Fishhawk with a Mercury 115hp 4 stroke. I have checked all fuses that I can find under the dash and on the motor. Has anybody had this happen or does anybody have any advice? It should be an easy fix but I'll be darned if I can find the problem. Thanks, bwhite

lowe1648mt
06-30-2012, 01:30 AM
I need a little help guys, long story short, I put a test light in my cigarette lighter receptical and blew a fuse or tripped a breaker. It took out my control panel where all of my bilge pump, live well, accessory, and navigation lights switches are wired up. The boat is a 2009 Crestliner Fishhawk with a Mercury 115hp 4 stroke. I have checked all fuses that I can find under the dash and on the motor. Has anybody had this happen or does anybody have any advice? It should be an easy fix but I'll be darned if I can find the problem. Thanks, bwhite

Look for a fuse on the battery?

bwhite
06-30-2012, 01:53 AM
The ignition, gauges and pre start alarm whistle have power to them so I have hot wires to the console, just lost all accesory switch power.

SmokeOnTheWater
06-30-2012, 07:47 AM
bandmyhead Ya gotta love electrical problems! Check to see if you have a little black or white button just above or below your accessory switch. It's a circuit breaker for that switch only and anything that switch powers. If it's not popped, try resetting it.

You might also check the power leading into the switch? If you have power going into and not out of the switch, jumper bypass the switch to see if your accessories work. If that happens, you got a bad switch.

bwhite
06-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Yes, each switch has it's own breaker, none of them have been popped. It just seems to have lost power to the whole panel and I can't find any type of main breaker or fuse that is common to all 5 switches.

bwhite
06-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Lowe 1648mt, you win! That was it, 20A in the battery box. When I installed the downriggers I fused them with inlines that were identical to the factory's components and I guess I had it in my head that everything in that box was my work. The dealership told me the same thing this morning so I went straight to those fuses and BINGO, plain as day! Man I hate that! I spent 3 hours checking and rechecking everywhere else BUT the battery box. What I don't hate is that a couple of you guys were so quick to jump in here and try to help me out. Thank you to those that offered suggestions and to those who even just took a minute to think about it. Much appreciated, bwhite

lowe1648mt
06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
That's what I do. I used to work as a mechanic, boat rigger for 35 years. Been retired for two years. Also trained as Army radio repair- 1968.

SmokeOnTheWater
07-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Glad you found the problem and got it fixed!