PDA

View Full Version : UTAH DAV Fishing event

Petty4life
06-27-2012, 01:28 PM
DAV Fishing Day 2012
Team, our annual Disabled Veteran Fishing Day will be held at the Soldier Creek recreation area of Strawberry reservoir Saturday, August 4 th, 2012. Time will be 7:00am to 3:00pm. Fishing from 7:30 to 12:30 and BBQ from 1:00 to 3:00. A great opportunity to give back and express appreciation for those that have made great sacrifices for our country.
We have been working on setting up a foundation to be able to continue this event year after year. The Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation is currently in process of being officially set up as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. We have partnered with White and Rasmuson accounting firm to help with this. I've attached a presentation I gave to the area Joining Community Forces group.
We have also been working on the organizing for this year’s event. Listed below are the tasks and or items that we have already nailed down.
Cooking – The National Guard will set up a filed kitchen and take care of the cooking.
Food – 250 Burger patties have been donated by OSI Food Group, plastic utensils, paper plates, napkins, 250 bottles of water, burger condiments, fresh lettuce, tomato, onion, etc, have been donated by Real Salt corp. (thank you PIKEMAN99)

Buns - 250 hamburger buns donated by Captain Christina Gardinar US Army Recruiting.

Color Guard – National Guard

Pontoon Boat –The National Guard Recruiting command will be bringing their 24 foot pontoon up to accommodate the wheel chairs as they have in the past.

Transportation for vets – VA Salt Lake, Veteran’s Homes Salt Lake and Ogden

Registration – The Draper Knights of Columbus will provide coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts as well as the table set up and staff to handle the check in, and boat/vet assignments.

Site – Use of the Soldier Creek Recreation area and the reserved pavilion (Friday – Sunday) have been donated by American Land and Leisure.

Fishing License – Utah DWR will provide a free one day fishing license to each vet

If you would like to participate through donations please contact Todd Hall either through Email or by phone at 208-409-2564. (Idaho number but I live in Utah)

1st SERGEANTS NEEDED
BOATS – We need boats and captains willing to take a vet or 2 out for fishing. We are anticipating over 70 vets and so we’ll need to target at least 50 boats.
We need your help to make this event just as successful as they have been in the past. We are expecting to grow to about 70 to 75 vets this year. I need a few volunteers to be team leaders, 1st Sergeants to take on the tasks listed below.
FOOD – We need side dishes, soda, etc. We anticipate feeding 200 to 225 people including the vets and all the volunteers at the BBQ.
GIFTS – Would like to put together a gift bag for each vet as we did last year. I have a list of some of the donors from last year and we will have a tax ID number for the merchants. Individual flags for each boat like we had last year as well. Possibly hats for the volunteers. Awards for biggest fish, smallest fish, most fish, etc. One off items for a raffle for the vets.
PACKET – Would like to put together a packet with number placards for the boat, vet, and vehicle so that we can match up the veterans to the boats and ensure that everyone gets taken care of. We will also have a parking and retrieval service for those who want to and will need a number for that.
BOAT Launch/Recovery – boat launch and parking of rigs and boat retrieval for those who would like.

Will schedule team leader meeting for evening of July 2nd, at a location to be determined.

Please Email or call me if you have any questions etc… Email or 208-409-2564

"Sunrise is always best on the water."
Todd Hall
Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation ><((((º>
Board Member
1trhall@gmail.com
Office: 801-767-4608
Cell: 208-409-2564

Todd Hall
Anything Wet Fishing Team

Petty4life
06-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation
updateTeam, we need your help for boats to support our annual DAV Fishing Day. So far we've got about 16 boats signed up with a need for about 60. We are anticipating close to 100 veterans participating in this year's event. If you'r a fisherman and ever thought about showing your support for those that served this is your opportunity.

When: August 4th, 2012
Where: Soldier Creek Recreation Area, Strawberry Reservoir
Time: boat launch 6:30am - 7:00am
Vets loading: 7:00am - 7:30am
Fishing: 7:30am - 12:30pm
BBQ/Awards - 1:00 - 3:00pm

Please send me an email with:
your real name
boat type
boat length
number of veterans you can take out

Volunteers will furnish the boats, tackle, bait and their expertise.
The Fish and Game Department will provide the DAV's with a free fishing day.
The Pavilion at Soldier Creek Ramp is provided and the volunteers do not need to buy a day pass.
We are also looking for donations as far as food or $$$.
The National Guard has volunteered to do the cooking for us this year.

"Sunrise is always best on the water."
Todd Hall
Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation ><((((º>
Board Member
1trhall@gmail.com
Office: 801-767-4608
Cell: 208-409-2564

AFDan52
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
C'mon guys they still more boats and and help. This is a great chance to say Thank you to our DAV's for their service , I know there are some Vets here in the Kokanee Fishing Forums. I am going to be there, it would be nice to see some others from KFF.

lowe1648mt
07-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Too bad you're such a long drive. I'd like to be there.

AFDan52
07-25-2012, 09:50 PM
You would be well recieved and appreciated. There are 71 boats volunteered for this event so far. I think they have it covered Thanks anyway Chris.

TrophyBoat
07-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Looks like we are in. See you out there!!!!

SmokeOnTheWater
07-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Mrs. Smoke & I are playing again this year. This is probably the MOST WORTHWHILE event I've EVER participated in. Anyone interested in stopping by our camp after the event, C'Mon down, we're in the Soldier Creek CG, spot A-14.

AFDan52
07-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Tom , my son and I are staying in Heber City that weekend . we going up Friday and hoping to get some fishing in before saturday. Hope to see you there.