PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge WY end?

CO-Britt
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
After 100+ combined years of fishing in northern Wyoming, neither my dad nor I have ever fished Flaming Gorge....it is time to change that. We are working on a trip in July.

Looking for soem lake advice. We are not hung up on kokes or macs or ?? We'll fish in Ut or WY just lookign to be in in the right basic zipcode. ANy advice? Warnings? Suggestions? Threats? Resource pointers?

Will gladly trade/exchagne northern WY info ro Colorado on board or private if that is more comfortable. Thanks in advance for info/responses. britt

Big Al
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
If you are looking for good place to see lots of wildlife,trees,not as much wind and some good fishing I would go to sheep creek. If all you care about is catching fish and lots of fish I would go to BuckBoard. Just have something planned for the afternoon when you get blown off the lake.

SmokeOnTheWater
06-27-2012, 11:44 PM
I assume you already have your resident Wyoming fishing licence but you'll need the $10 reciprical fishing stamp to fish the Utah side of the Gorge and vice versa. Big Al is exactly correct! Utah side is more scenic and less wind. WY side has more fishable area but the wind will get ya if you're not careful. If you like dirt and sage brush, you're better off staying near the Buckboard and Squaw Hollow area.

Good Luck and most of all, HAVE FUN! signfishin

rebelsportsman
07-19-2013, 07:28 PM
is there a good rv park with full hookups on the wyoming side? i would like to stay and fish the area for about the 1st two weeks of july next year. after the 1st two weeks i will be looking for a lake near cheyenne, if there is one.