PDA

View Full Version : where to go?

1keyman
06-21-2012, 04:45 PM
hi, i'm new to this forum,i am going out this weekend and was weighing my options, i've been going to lake pardee lately with decent results and looking
any new options and or suggestions. a brief history of places i have been to fisk for kokes:stampede res.,lake tahoe,don pedro,pardee,donner,and serveral trout lakes like:bear river res,silver lake,caples lake red lak blue lakes,ect. Soooo i'm open for suggestions

Mr. D
06-23-2012, 10:05 AM
I know this is late but I would opt for Berryessa right now. Main lake near big island 45-55 ft. Green & pink combos have been good colors. The dam and toward the power lines is also holding some fish. Get there early to avoid the "lice". Big fish once you find them and when you do, stay on them. "Don't leave fish to find fish" If no takers, work'em. Longer setbacks, speed up, slow down, sharp turns, etc.. Piss them off, they'll bite sooner or later. Good luck, Mark

1keyman
06-23-2012, 09:13 PM
i promised an old friend a day on the water,our first time together fishing in 20+years so i'll stick to my ever familiar pardee. but nexy weekend per your advice will for the first time try berryessa and go outside my comfort zone,thank you

1keyman
06-28-2012, 04:42 PM
as suggested by mr.D i will be going to berryessa for the first time this weekend and could use all the helpful info i can get so if anyone who is feeling generous is reading, i will be watching for a reply,thanx!