PDA

View Full Version : Growing Fast!

SeaDog
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi,

Have noticed over the past couple of weeks that the Kokes in West Hill are growing fast.
Averaging now 13 inches and very fat!
Why this is happening this particular year is a mystery.
Maybe because of the mild winter and very warm April here in Ct. there's been more plankton for the Kokes to feed on.

One other thing is the low number of fisherman after the Kokes.
Most boats I've seem so far this year, at night, is 5 and usually with older fellows fishing.
Personally I think that the younger fishermen, here in Ct., don't have the paitence or finesse for Koke fishing.
Plus those that have tried are fustrated with the number of hook-ups and losses at the boat. (The cursing and fustration you hear from the younger out there is so laughable! -> have tried to instruct them -> but they just don't get it).

Koke fishing does take some time to learn and horseing and setting the hook hard as you would with a bass just doesn't work!

Oh well! means more Kokes for us dedicated to this particular fishery with well learned techniques! thumbsup

Caught 6 last night!
They also seem to be fighting harder this year.
Yahoo! -> What FUN!tooexcited

SeaDog

Fishfinger
06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Some of us "younger" Ct guys are targeting the 16"-20" salmon at the other lake

SeaDog
06-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Some of us "younger" Ct guys are targeting the 16"-20" salmon at the other lake

Hi,

That's fine -> have Fun!

I'm only 4 miles from West Hill so I don't have to use up much gas to get there towing the boat + I don't have to pay O'Hare's a boat launching fee as you do at East Twin.

Also there is that nice little country store next to the boat ramp at WH where I can get hot/cold food, drinks, and bait. (Brenda makes a great old fashion lobster roll on a toasted roll loaded with real lobster for $8.00) tongue2

As far as the Kokes -> The WH Kokes may be slightly smaller then at East Twin, but I get the same enjoyment fishing for them + they're not as hard to find as at ET.

Bottom line is we're pretty lucky to have 2 of the only 3 waters east of the Mississippi here in Ct. and can night fish for them!

Which ever lake you fish -> Enjoy the Kokanee fishing !thumbsup

SeaDog

trollmonkey
06-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Nice Seadog! Four miles from the lake,awesome boat,and LOBSTER ROLLS at the dock!!! I'm envious, keep us up to date on the fishing and fine dining. TMthumbsup

rgarbar
06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
It's a landslide! NC votes for "old" SeaDog, West Hill and the lobster rolls! thumbsup