PDA

View Full Version : Charter guide service for salmon on nantahala lake

1bigfish
06-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am captain Fred Mix, a long time charterboat captain from South Carolina. I have been fishing the western mountains of North Carolina for years. After five trips to Nantahala Lake over the course of a few years I caught my first Kokanee Salmon. It was a peanut but at lease I finally caught one. The last couple of years I have been concentrating on the lake the the salmon. Last year I fished over 30 days catching my share of salmon and steelhead. I was so taken by the thought of salmon in North Carolina that I bought a cabin above the lake just to see the salmon's spawning run. I fished in Alaska last year. Nantahala is a better challange and opportunity.

I have opened up a guide fishing service on the lake. Yesterday I had my first charter. My party of three caught 10 kokanee. What a great start! My boat is a hybrid / solar powered 19' Grady White with a 140HP four stroke to take you to the fishing grounds then a 36 volt electric motor takes over the trolling. The electric motor is powered by two soft solar panels sewn to the bimini top and the outboards alternator throught four batteries. So quiet you can hear the fish!

Please visit my website: www.nantahalaoutfitter.com

The website is being updated to include the hybrid / solar powered boat.

Hope to see you soon,
Fred Mix
fishnantahala@aol.com