PDA

View Full Version : New Hunting Partner

sawtooth
06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
With my Vizsla starting to slow down it was time to start training a new chukar dog. Last week we added Rudy to the family. Rudy is a Black and White German Shorthaired Pointer. Been fun watching the little guy roam about the yard. So far our Vizsla is keeping him in line, but I don't think it will be too long before he becomes top dog. Anyone else have pictures of their hunting partners?

Bduck
06-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Mine knows how to hunt down that last beer. My Cocker Spaniel soon to turn 16yrs old.

sawtooth
06-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Mine knows how to hunt down that last beer. My Cocker Spaniel soon to turn 16yrs old.

His name isn't "Weego" is it? With 16 years of training I am sure he is a master at his job. laugh hyst

Lunddude
06-15-2012, 10:43 PM
With my Vizsla starting to slow down it was time to start training a new chukar dog. Last week we added Rudy to the family. Rudy is a Black and White German Shorthaired Pointer. Been fun watching the little guy roam about the yard. So far our Vizsla is keeping him in line, but I don't think it will be too long before he becomes top dog. Anyone else have pictures of their hunting partners?

Here's my Cocoa she just turned 4 in May. She is a GSP & one hunting machine. Cocoa has been to SD & ND every fall for 2 weeks since she was 6 months old. Lot's of GO in this girl!

sawtooth
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Beautiful GSP Lunddude. Before my Vizsla, I had a GSP named Saddleback Jack. He could have been a twin brother to your pup as his markings were almost identical. He had a liver colored head and tail with what looked like an English riding saddle on his back. Brown and white ticking covered the rest of his body. Very similar to the second picture you have of Coco. He also was a great hunter. We would take him down to Arizona to hunt quail and he would hunt hard for the three day hunt without missing a beat. Retrieves were tough down in Arizona as Chola cactus was all over the place and it was not uncommon to have pieces hanging from the dogs after they chased down a wounded quail. I have always wanted to hunt in SD. I have a friend who's parents live there and his stories of pheasant hunts are impressive.awesomereport

BlueBack79
06-30-2012, 12:47 AM
been thinking hard about getting another gwp. here's my boy sam. he was a birdy little sob. he had the goofiest personality...until he knew it was hunting time. the switch would flip and he'd go from goofball to hunting machine in the blink of an eye. had to get the tplo surgery done a couple years ago. he was about fully recovered when he got a kidney infection and i had to put him down. more often, i got a bigger kick out of watching him hunt, than actually killing birds. the day i took him to the vet, i swear they must have cleaned everything with onions. cant beat a good bird dog.

mrmike
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Fishing is on hold for know was just informed recieved Antelope tags for myself and wife in Eastern Oregon Juniper Unit I'm excited one of the best unit to pull

Lunddude
07-04-2012, 09:06 AM
A buddy and I just drew our unit 45 bull elk tags too. tooexcited

BlueBack79
07-06-2012, 01:15 AM
i'll be hunting bulls on the other side (north) of the highway from you. pretty jacked!!

Lunddude
07-06-2012, 02:13 AM
i'll be hunting bulls on the other side (north) of the highway from you. pretty jacked!!

Which unit 48 or 49?

BlueBack79
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
we drew 44 bull tags.

mrmike
07-09-2012, 11:26 AM
My son and myself took off friday and went over and scouted are unit I pulled for Antelope (Juniper) one has to put in the effort to recieve the rewards it pays to do ones home work it sure was hot. ALL I can say is if anyone dosen't know we have some of the largest Antelope in the U.S. tHE WORLD RECORD WAS BROKEN A FEW YEARS BACK TAKEN IN THE SILVIES UNIT and after they rescored it 1 1/2 yrs later and took that score anyway. we seen 15 bucks three will make THE BOOK EASY. 82 WILL MAKE THE BOOK THESE THREE WERE IN THE 90 KNOW LETS JUST HOPE I CAN FIND THEM AGAIN