PDA

View Full Version : Score so far

SeaDog
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi,

Well my Kokanee fishing has started off fairly well this year after a late start.
All caught at night jigging at West Hill Pond, Ct.

June 7th -> 6 fish
June 8th -> 8 fish (daily limit)
June 9th -> 5 fish
June 10th -> 8 fish (daily imit)

Note: Here in Ct., we only have a daily creel limit on Kokanee -> There is no possesion limit. So we can keep and freeze all we can catch year round...... Sweet !

All fish in the 11 to 13 inch range and fat.

Have 40 fillets soaking in my special Rum brine (36 hours I find best).
Will smoke them Tuesday with a 50/50 mix of apple wood and Pecan wood.
Yum ! tongue2

SeaDog golucky

Bduck
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Seadog, do you catch all of your kokes jigging and at night or are there trolling techniques you use too?

SeaDog
06-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Seadog, do you catch all of your kokes jigging and at night or are there trolling techniques you use too?

Early, from Opening Day to Memorial Day I usually troll.

But I find better success jigging at night at anchor + it's relaxing and I can concentrate on watching the rod tip -> Don't have to tend the motor and speed as with trolling.

I find also that the fish have more fight in them when jigging vs trolling when they're chasing after a lure and using up their energy.

Also, at night, I take a small cooler with drinks and snacks (ice for the Kokes naturally) and a small portable radio to listen to a ball game (Red Sox of course!)

Besides that, the guys in the other anchored boats, will discuss Koke fishing and other subjects with a few laughs ...... till someone yells signfishin ! LOL

SeaDog

Bduck
06-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Early, from Opening Day to Memorial Day I usually troll.

But I find better success jigging at night at anchor + it's relaxing and I can concentrate on watching the rod tip -> Don't have to tend the motor and speed as with trolling.

I find also that the fish have more fight in them when jigging vs trolling when they're chasing after a lure and using up their energy.

Also, at night, I take a small cooler with drinks and snacks (ice for the Kokes naturally) and a small portable radio to listen to a ball game (Red Sox of course!)

Besides that, the guys in the other anchored boats, will discuss Koke fishing and other subjects with a few laughs ...... till someone yells signfishin ! LOL

SeaDog

Right on SeaDog. I like your style. There is a time I like sitting with a cooler with refreshments & snacks. You must yell "Yea baby, HOMERUN" 101ok101

BTW, Go GIANTS worthy12

SilverBullets
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
awesomereport Great report SeaDog!! I've never fished at night (not legal here) and just wondered what time of night are you guys fishing?

SeaDog
06-14-2012, 12:34 PM
awesomereport Great report SeaDog!! I've never fished at night (not legal here) and just wondered what time of night are you guys fishing?

Hi,

We still fish from just before sunset, then till we get our limit of 8 fish or when ever!

SeaDog