PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa King Salmon and Kok's

Spec
06-02-2012, 08:25 PM
The last 3 trips we caught some super large king salmon and fair size koks in the markley area plus some very nice trout. I noticed the trout were much cleaner than years past. Top lures were crystal basin wigglers in UV pink and a light blue tipped off with a small piece of Anchoy. I was just wondering if anyone was up as of late to see how deep the fish are now as the last trip we were down 50 to 70 feet.
Top fish for 3 trips was a king at about 6 lbs which we thought it was a hog it was full of shad eating like it was the last supper.

SuperD
06-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I was out this last Friday and there were shad boils on the surface in the early a.m. We caught a beast of a rainbow and it had shad in its belly. It must be a tremendous shad year.

Spec
06-03-2012, 05:36 PM
One of my friends got a big fish hooked up this week and fought it for about 15 minutes before it broke off right at the boat he said he took pictures of it in the water and thinks it was about 6 to 8 lbs but who knows! We should start a big fish post just to see who gets the biggest king out of berryessa.

Mr. D
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Got an invite from JT to hit Berry mid week and Jt's been putting some pigs in the boat lately + he knows that lake better then most. If this weather breaks (Raining hard here in Georgetown right now) we should be out either Tues. or Wed. Will post up a report and details after, if we do make it out.
The trout are most likely the Eagle Lake strain that were released from the CIFFI pens located in Markley not long ago.

Mark

Spec
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
If not friday depending on how hot it gets.
The Pina colada just loves that lake and I have a new net to try out. I think I will start at about 40 feet and work down from there looking for Kings more than anything else now, I like fighting fish that can spool me and I have had a couple darn near do it this year.101chromefish101