PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Wickiup Kokanee Trolling Derby

Cannon
06-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I have posted the flyer and the signup forms for the 2nd annual Wickiup Kokanee Trolling derby on the Kokanee Power of Oregon website.
Signup ends on the evening before the derby so get your forms in ASAP or come by the North Wickiup Boat Ramp parking lot the evening before the derby to turn in your forms and money.

The weigh in will take place in the same spot, and you must be in the weigh in line by 2:00 PM, No exceptions or risk being disqualified. The weigh in starts at 1:00 PM Sharp.

There is $500.00 bucks on the first place spot, $300.00 for 2nd and $200.00 for third with some possible additional moneys paid out depending on the number of entries.

There are going to be some big fish caught, one to two pounds and upwards of twenty inches and I would guess that there will be fun to be had by all!
Kokanee Power of Oregon (http://kokaneepoweroregon.com/Derbies.html)

Fallriverguy
06-05-2012, 08:30 AM
This is going to be a fun and challenging derby. The reservoir is still at 96% full pool which is basically full. The fish are scattered and will be found all around the lake.

The good news is the fish are big big big. Still reports of 18-19 inch fish being caught. Just the past few days I have heard via word of mouth that some have figured the lake out and are having 15 to 20 fish days. The fish are there.

And, with the cool spring and high water the fish definitely will not have a muddy taste. The ones I caught a few weeks ago were top quality.
Hope to see you all there!