PDA

View Full Version : Who has a TR-1 and what do you use for a Fishfinder?

Mudinchev
06-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I am fed up with trying to make my fishfinder work with my TR-1, I have spent the last month working on my boat trying to make my fishfinder play nice with my TR-1. TR-1 guy and Humminbird have no solutions. I am running a HB 597 CI HD DI.

I had problems (Before TR-1) it took 3 units and having Humminbird build me one and test it before sending it to me to get one that worked, now I am having problems again, 597 works fine on its own but with the TR-1 engaged the fish finder freaks out. I am thinking that it has something to do with the frequency of the Down Imaging and something that the TR-1 is sending out. I Tried Kokonuts 788 with out DI and it worked, still had a little interference but it was definitely livable. I just don't want to install a bunch of different units to find one that works.

I just want to fish...........I want to drive my boat, see the bottom, see where the fish are and try to make them bite.......Simple!

twisted lines
06-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Furuno....and both the grounds go right to the battery?

Mudinchev
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Furuno....and both the grounds go right to the battery?

Yes, I have spent the last month wiring, rewiring, moving things, checking things, shielding wires, separating electrical sources completely, I have had spent countless hours trying different things, talking with people, I had the autopilot installed by one of the best in the business (Marine Technical Experts otherwise known as Robert Voss) He helped design the unit so if any one knows how it works it is him. I dont have anything grounded to the hull every thing is direct to the battery etc etc etc etc......

twisted lines
06-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Good luck with that, Wireless remote?

Mudinchev
06-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Good luck with that, Wireless remote?

Nope, 2 remotes hard wired.

dragonfly
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
mudinchev what is it doing? messed up screen,tr-1 won't talk with the finder. on my tr-1 I switched engines and mounted a new throttle control on and my yamaha and put the tach wire to close to the spark plug boot. I did't have screen problems buy it would not stay connected and would not function properly when it was. I pulled the wire back and everything cleared right up also if you have a remote tach wire make sure it's back also. the innerfearance from the spark system will raise havic with the tr-1 just make sure all wires running by the plugs , wires and mags. are seperated

Elk Hunter
06-05-2012, 12:10 AM
My TR-1 is connected to a Lowrance HDS for the chart features and waypoint navigation via NEMA 0183 and I use a Furuno for a fish finder. Is your unit (TR-1) connected to the Hummingbird via the NEMA 0183 or are you just using the compass in the system to control your course and heading. My head end unit for the TR-1 is located in the stern and I ran the power (from batteries) for it away from all other cables also kept all cables related to the TR-1 unit isolated to the other side of the boat away from the transducer cable and any other power lines that could create any RF. If your not connected to the "bird" via 0183 (that would be the only connection) then you have to be getting RF interference

Mudinchev
06-05-2012, 01:18 AM
I had it installed just for this reason, Robert "M.T.E." Is one of the best in the TR-1 Business, Out of the Hundreds of installs he has done, this is the first time he has had this kind of issue, he has heard of it before but never experienced it first hand and been able to have a hands on diagnosis of the problem. What I haven't mentioned here, is I borrowed a 788 CI HD (no down imaging) and it works great, so that tells me its not in the wiring, wire placement, hardware mount placement etc etc. Its in my 597 CI HD DI. I have a post on I-fish asking if any one is running anything DI with their TR-1 and so far...no one! Only reply I got was from a guy who was told by his shop to stick with his older sonar unit and not upgrade to DI because they didn't play nice together.

As it turns out the 788 that I borrowed is now up for sale and my Dad wants to buy my 597 (no worries about a TR-1 going on his boat anytime soon).