PDA

View Full Version : Slow Day

rgarbar
05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Got back out on the lake for a few hours. Slow day except for the speed of the jet skiers and power boaters(the wake form a canoe rocks my skiff). Did manage to boat one koke at 15". Surface temperature now at 74 degrees. My deptherm indicated the thermocline started only a few feet below the surface. 60 degrees until about 40'. Finally hit the mid fifties at about 60'. The koke I caught was taken at 40'. Fish still all over the water column. Some big arches as well. Seems the power boaters and jet skiers chased the fish out of Big Choga Cove over the holiday weekend. Most fish marked from Little Choga island to the dam on the forestry side. Some big arches deep 60+ feet in the dam cove. Things should only get better in a few weeks. Waiting for Trollmonkey to get up here and have his way the kokes!

trollmonkey
05-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey Ron,Thanks for the vote of confidence ,I need it after my last trip out.I'm planning on getting out the last week of June .Next week I'm working in Andrews ,so I'll be pounding the river in the gorge. I may drop some trout heads off to Powell one day later in the week. If you want me to pick yours up let know. Mark

trollmonkey
05-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Ron are you getting any trout?

rgarbar
06-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Mark

I have not caught a trout yet this year in Nantahala Lake. I have done well in the Nantahala River, Valley River, Junaluska Creek and Tusquitte Creek. Mostly small trout(keep a few brookies for the table) and most returned to the water.

Ron