PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry 5/28

Downrigger
05-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Brother Downrigger and Mrs. Downrigger went with me to Strawberry for Memorial day. We had a great day on the Soldier Creek side landing 35 fish by about 3:00.

4 of the 35 were kokanees that measured 21, 20, 19, and 16 inches. The big ones were fat fat fat.

A pearl hootchie behind a silver holographic dodger was the ticket for the kokes. Cutts and rainbows hit it too but they were more interested in pearl needlefish, a rainbow needlefish, and a rainbow crippilure.

portofthesea
05-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Nice job-family is trying to talk me into Strawberry this weekend,but i need a Gorge fix, I think the family will win though.

BigIceHole
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
How deep were the kokanee?

Bduck
05-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Strawberry is very ellusive with the kokes. Of the trips I have made there it all about catching Cutts & Bows. I caught 1 accidental koke while getting setup. Yet Strawberry holds the state record for Utah on the largest koke.

Downrigger
05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
The kokanee were very very shallow. 0-10 feet. Brother Downrigger caught the biggest one of the day while he was letting out his line behind the boat, before he could even get his line into the downrigger clip.

We have been trying to catch a slotbuster koke up there for as long as I can remember. That's what I was trying to do. But, Brother Downrigger wanted some salmon and he came through.

My goal is to take the koke record back to Flaming Gorge, where it belongs. 101ok101

Bduck
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM
As much as we see kokes that are caught at the Gorge, one would think the record would have been out of there. It is on the Wyoming side.