PDA

View Full Version : What ya doing for Fathers Day?

Trophy Taker
06-12-2008, 08:46 PM
My 3 1/2 year old daugter has been asking me to take her fishing for months. So we will be headed to Rockport Saturday to do a little perching. Figured it might not be as crowded as some of the other lakes for a saturday and its fairly close given the gas prices$$$. Anyone else headed out for F day?

Petty4life
06-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Saturday i'll be fishing willard for wipers. and Sunday I'll be spending the morning with the Wife and Kids then leaving for Flaming Gorge in the Afternoon

Stryker
06-12-2008, 09:14 PM
We'll be doing a Yard Party. Not as exciting as fishing but the eats will be good.

Lundman
06-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Heading to FG for the first trip of the year - leaving early Saturday morning (5 am) and spending just one night. We'll probably fish Buckboard/Big Bend area the first day, then Sunday morning Holmes Crossing till we have our limit. If we get our limit on ice early I'll try for some Macks and/or try out some new areas

I am trying out some new downrigger weights that are fish shaped and paint black with red highlites. The old pancake downrigger weights are going into the reserve pile but they have served me well - both sets are 8 lb.

Time to get the cedar planks ready for the BBQ - man I can hardly wait :D

Kokehead
06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Man, I'm getting so jelious of you guys that have been or will be fishing the gorge in the near future. Enough is enough;)
I'll be up there for sure the 6th through 13th of july. But as far as my fathersday, going to take the famdamily up to the berry.

Stryker
06-12-2008, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=Lundman;356]I'm trying out some new downrigger weights that are fish shaped and paint black with red highlites.

You'll like the fish shaped DR weights. You can also paint them in Red, Yellow, or black, or a combo, using the "Plasti-Coat" spray can. You can get it at Wallies World.

hillbilly
06-13-2008, 12:17 AM
I'll be out there on the george thats the only place I can afford to go, 1 mile to launch the boat!

Propnut69
06-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey hillbilly ,good to see you here. It will be good to have first hand info as to what's happening on the Utah side. :)

JIGGIT
06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
hillbilly i love it. lmfaorn!!! been smokin up some fish havent ya? save me some. ken

hillbilly
06-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Jiggit hell ya! I've about wore that smoker out this year. Its time to get a bigger one were I can put about 20 big kokes in it!