PDA

View Full Version : Glad I found you.

stever
05-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I love kokanee fishing but have been frustrated by the lack of information in Montana.

I fished Hauser back in the day of a silver with every cast, that was about 35 years ago.

Regulator can really give you a work out but does yield some nice size fish.

Just got back from Pishkun with only 4 to show for 2 days fishing.

Thanks for this forum, I am looking forward to much wanted info.

Neptune
05-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Welcome Steve,

I was introduced to the world of Kokanee fishing back in the hayday of Hauser...wish we had a lake like that now!!!

Where do you fish for kokes on a regular basis now?

stever
05-23-2012, 11:38 AM
As I said I just got back from Pishkun with pretty slow action. Looking at the stocking reports I believe this should be a productive lake.

Most of my fishing for kokes is at Regulator. Some through the ice but mostly trolling. My only complaint about Regulator is the small boat fishing. I am an old guy now and miss the comfort of fishing from my 22' Whaler.

SuperDaveMT
05-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Have any of you done any Koke fishing at Holter? The FWP stocking report indicates that they stocked Holter in 2009 with 100,000 kokes, but I never hear of anyone catching any. Maybe they are just hitting catchable size?

I'm a regualtor regular, and have done ok so far this spring. No one hot set up, but have done best with a Seps watermelon dodger and a lime green hoochie with the obligatory shoe peg corn. The fish aren't running as big as last year but I'm catching a fair number of 14 - 16 inchers. The water level seems lower and less stable this year compared to past years.