PDA

View Full Version : Canadian koke quest

jekern1015
05-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Monday I went to launch my boat at Wood lake and talked to a guy coming off the water. He reported that there were no fish in that lake, his fifth trip and no fish in his boat. I then drove north to the next lake, Kalamalka lake. We trolled for about 4 hours in three different locations on that lake and never graphed a fish on that lake. On Wednesday, I put the boat in the Vancouver harbor and fished up the Indian Arm looking for some early spawners. We spent the better part of the day trolling and looking for fish and never graphed anything. By this time I am wondering if my graph even still works. Two days on the water and I haven't marked a fish yet. Thursday I went up to Alouette Lake. I was happy to start marking fish, not to happy I couldn't entice them to bite. We trolled that lake all day and did manage to catch 3 small koke's. I would guess that the biggest one was 10" at the most. I was told next time I go up I should make it in July. The river fishing is good even though it is elbow to elbow with other fisherman. The picture is of Alouette Lake.

platypus
05-22-2012, 01:24 PM
--Long cold spring, stormy weather in Okanagan area.... we're just starting to catch now as weather stabilizes.
--mainly small but a good shake down of equipment and final touches for this season
--I usually start 1st of May but this year 18th was first day

KokeKillerKen
05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Thats an awesome looking lake. Sucks to hear about your luck. With some of the reports that platypus has posted regarding other lakes up there. Makes me want to take some time off work and go explore up there.

platypus
05-28-2012, 11:01 PM
--Long cold spring, stormy weather in Okanagan area.... we're just starting to catch now as weather stabilizes.
--mainly small but a good shake down of equipment and final touches for this season
--I usually start 1st of May but this year 18th was first day

--I WAS WRONG... big issue with Woods lake.. no fish after several years of being named one of Canada's best!

--Suspect algae blooms or low winter Oxygen...fisheries is investigating.
--Fishing is so poor that they are not going to bother shutting it down for the season.
--This year we expect higher water due to snow pack and the lake is capable of recovery if no unforseen cause of the low fish count.