PDA

View Full Version : Pig report 5-4-12

Petty4life
05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Fished porcupine on friday. Lake is full pool. started out at the rear launch and first koke came on a KCT black pearl spinner lead by a homemade dodger before we ever got it in the rigger after that most fish came on CBT wildthings dodgers pink uv splatter, pink purple chart dot. with lures being NWT epic spinners and CBT pink glow squid. fish where all caught from surface to 25ft. only brought home 9 but lost a lot right at the boat. had great company fishing with AFDan52 and Kokehead

Kokanee Kid
05-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Pic's or it did not happen nananana

Petty4life
05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Pic's or it did not happen nananana

kokes where only 10in. not worth my time to take pic. so..... i must have imagend ittooexcited

agitator
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Good on you guys . Glad I'm not the only one that lose's alot of fish at the boat up therelaugh hyst

Rooster
05-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Nice to hear there are some kokes in there. I didn't get a chance to ice fish it more than a couple times this year(never limited out), but everyone i talked to said the numbers were way way down this winter. I talked to a die hard old timer who between him and his three friends they got three fish total in three trips. . . . I sure hope there are more kokes in there than that.

Did you mark most of the fish in the east end? I tried it three or four weeks ago and my brother tried it up there about two weeks ago up there and had nothing to show for it but a nice boat ride.a

Thanks for the report.

Rooster

TrophyBoat
05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice guys, did you find any trout.

AFDan52
05-06-2012, 04:38 PM
TrophyBoat, we didn't catch any trout or see any . There was a lot of surface rolling action though. I caught the very first Koke on the surface before we could even get it in the downrigger on the east end as we were starting out.

Petty4life
05-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Good on you guys . Glad I'm not the only one that lose's alot of fish at the boat up therelaugh hyst

I dont think we will loose as many next time. I was using #4 and #2 hook setups i have now tied up a bunch of #6's and i think they will hold on alittle bettertongue2

SmokeOnTheWater
05-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Good call on the hook size! Might even go to 8s or even 10s?

Petty4life
05-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Good call on the hook size! Might even go to 8s or even 10s?

ya maybe Tom. ill give the 6's one chance and then make the change if i feel it needs to be smaller, the 4's have done good in the past i just feel i might keep more on downsizing. thanks for the advise on the even smaller ones101ok101