PDA

View Full Version : Bduck - EC On the water report

SuperD
04-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Roger is back out at East Canyon this morning and was at double digit fish count early. He said the water was like glass with the only ripples coming from his boat. 30' deep and Lymans were producing fish to 3 lbs. Hey Buddy, it's Tuesday! Nice to be retired!!

Bduck
04-03-2012, 09:43 PM
It was a hey day. All the years I have fished EC I have never caught this quality of fish. Caught about 25 fish with alot coming in the 2-4lb range. Lost about another 8 fish. These fish were fat & fiesty. Included in the catch was 2 cutthroats. After talking to the resident ranger, what ever comes in on the stocking truck is what gets planted there. Man, I got a vitamin D sunburn. It was a gorgeous day. Lymans were the fishes choice.

Kokaholic
04-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Very nice Roger, hope to get up there in the next week or so

SmokeOnTheWater
04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
The lake all to yourself? Is that what you thought retirement would be like? I'm happy for ya, incentive or not!

gonefishing
04-03-2012, 11:44 PM
I am happy and envious for you Roger. I have 4 more years and my lake time with a pole in hand will go way up too. Nice fish. Why the ear to ear grin, as if I didn't know.awesomereport

Bduck
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Lost Creek Res is in the mix now. Its still iced over but should be getting close to opening up. This weather picture has been great at times but making plans around windy days now is stretching out fishing days.

Rock Port now has a fishing challenge at sponsored by Rafter B going on until the end of May. This is the first annual challenge.

http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/rockport/rafterbfishchallenge

SilverBullets
04-06-2012, 01:00 PM
WAy to get into em Roger!! awesomereport

Bduck
04-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Spring snow storms that keep coming thru puts the kaboshes on things at the moment. If it doesn't snow we get high winds. We are now going into better spring conditions after today & I'll be able to put together another fish slaying trip soon.

Bduck
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
signfishin Spent a full day out on E Canyon with a friend. Kokehead jumped in on some of the action with me. Another approx 35 fish hooked. Started fishing about 7am and didn't quit until 4:30pm. I'm loving retirement fishing during the week with no other pressure on the lakes. Have 2 more trips at 2 other lakes planned for next week. thumbsup