PDA

View Full Version : Dworshak

tirby
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Well we have been at this Kokanee thing a few weeks and LOVE IT! We have not tried any waters other than Dworshak. We will wait till the weather warms up and our truck cap comes in so we can do some "camping" too.
So we had our best day Sunday and caught 14. nice size, not trophys but nice.
We were catching most of them on top. It seemed they prefered the red over the green. We simply use 2 poles and cowbells ( I think I got the name right) and shoepeg corn with Anise... My cowbells were prism looking colors and my hubbys was silver and gold...
Fun if nothing else! So what IS ideal temp/time/ect of the year for Kokanee?
I hear old timers tell me back in the day they could catch a hundred a day no problem...and often did!

fishingmom
04-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Anything new from dworshak?

tirby
04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Anything new from dworshak?

NOPE other than I did not catch much on Saturday :( but it was a BEAUTIFUL day to be on the lake!

twodux
04-10-2012, 03:24 PM
We were out in the Dent area Sat. and 4 of us caught about 60 in 4 hour in the afternoon using flashers and pink maggots. Beautiful day topped by two deer swimming across the Lake as we were cleaning fish.

fishingmom
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks,,,,surprised they are around dent already - hoping to get there Monday!

twodux
04-11-2012, 12:31 PM
My buddy who took us out also hooked a 28 inch Bull Trout on his kokanee set up. He was shocked and said it was the biggest fish he'd ever caught in the lake. Had the drag set real light for the koks and it was peeling line. We had no idea what it was until we got it to the boat.