PDA

View Full Version : who got da salmon?

rainORsnow1
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Has anybody had any luck with springers on the willamette lately. I know the rivers blown out right now but was wondering if anybody's havin any luck. If the weather holds up and the turbidity keeps going down I'm going out tomorrow any reports would be helpful

mrmike
03-21-2012, 03:04 PM
The Willamette is at flood stag/and chocolate milk don't fish the Willamette/stay on the Columbia above the Willamette River scattered reports the guides are picking up fish. There either small or real big the main body just haven't arrived yet. I think I'm going to drown a herring on Saturday myself I've definitely got cabin fever weather suppose to be nice (right)

Metal Manipulator
03-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Good luck Mike!

mrmike
03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks, but the conditions were really bad had 25 to30 mile per hr winds, high water and off color,fished I=5 bridge on the Columbia River area. I saw one fish hook by a guide right in front of us directly under the bridge lucky it went 9 lbs (wish it was in my boat). I then motored in front of the air port area fished the Oregon and Washgington sides, seen a guy holding up a fish in his boat, and that was it for one hundred boats. The checker only had 1 fsh at 1.30 p.m. at the 42nd Street boat ramp. The fish just aren't here!! I just can't wait for the 28th to fish Kokanee and the beautiful high lakes.

rainORsnow1
03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Does anybody know if the columbia is supposed to have high winds and beer off again tomorrow. I have a 14 foot smokercraft and it makes me a little nervous bringin it out there

mrmike
03-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I would suggest keep an eye out and watch the weatherman 14 ft boat in these weather conditions could have some challenges.The river is High off colored but if the wind lays down very fish able, just came over the I 5 bridge I saw two boats that was it good luck

rainORsnow1
03-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks appreciate it

mrmike
03-31-2012, 04:28 PM
rainORsnow1 everyone has cabin fever, but Bonneville Dam is letting out large volume of water. ( stay safe). A 14 foot boat isn't big enough for the Columbia in these condition stay home work cleaning and rigging your fishing gear. That what I've been doing cleaning washing my stuff in a peppermint soap. We got at least a month before the Willamette is fish able for Salmon. I've got a walleye trip next week higher up on the Columbia River I'll keep you inform that's if its fish able.

rainORsnow1
04-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah I know how it is I wish that the willamette would stop messing with us. It was fishable 2 days last week and then of course it rises right back up. Thanks for the heads up I thought it was worth at least asking if anyone knew if I could bring the boat out there. Yeah for sure give me a heads up on the wall I trip I fish for walleye there a couple times are you fish in the mouth of the deschuttes? Last time I was there we mailed 4 keepers. You might know better than me but from what I hear is the willamette is a week
Or 2 out. Here's hoping.....

mrmike
04-10-2012, 05:56 PM
RainORsnow1 The Willamette has 2 foot plus visibility FISH BEING CAUGHT so hook up your boat by the end of the week/some fish caught under Sellwood Bridge,getting there.

rainORsnow1
04-11-2012, 09:55 AM
thanks! Ive heard....... Ill see u out there!

rainORsnow1
04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Theeeeeeerreeeeee heeeerrrrreeeee! Unftooexcitedortunately cant post a pic from my phone.

mrmike
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
rainORshine glad to here your out there lowering the Salmon population

rainORsnow1
04-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Still off and on fishing..... Went out sat. Skunked.... Alot of people did all up and down the river I heard. Talked to my brother and friend (both work for odfw), his friend had 3 in his boat and my bro had one. All off prawn spinner. Starting to believe my brother when he says prawns are the ticket. Time will tell. Definetly bringing prawns and herring next time

mrmike
04-16-2012, 12:02 PM
rainORsnow if I can help in your quest/lower river (Harbor) Fremont Bridge area was very slow Saturday fished moved up guides at Ross Island bridge did well 3 for 5 on Saturday water temp was 50 % perfect, been a Herring bite. I wouldn't sit on anchor. I would troll at 2 miles hr. down river 8 oz lead 28ft on line counter use a flasher 18 inches from 3 way swivel to flasher then 5 ft mooching rig hope you got good bait. tides is important been a bite on high slack and low slack.water clarity is horrible maybe 2 ft visibility the correct dept is very important good luck its only going to get better

mrmike
04-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Columbia is on fire/ODFW stop the nets from going in the river Tuesday, were afraid they would deplete the Salmon run to many fish in the system.